1980 Cutlass 442 Rocket 350 performance upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokztarz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2015
I recently purchased a 1980 Cutlass 442, with the Rocket 350 engine. I have read several swap stories, but have yet to find anyone that has taken the same car, and modified the low performing motor to give it some more life. I want to keep the car mostly original, and not planning to make this anything but a regular driver, with some added hp. Any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated, as this car does need to be restored.

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
What is your budget? How much work are you willing to do? ( full rebuild, pull the engine?) What is the current condition of the engine? How much mileage on it?

Rokztarz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2015
What is your budget? How much work are you willing to do? ( full rebuild, pull the engine?) What is the current condition of the engine? How much mileage on it?

Rokztarz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2015
The cars's odometer stopped around 100 000 km (Canadian Car). I bought the car for $1000.00, knowing it needs some work. But would like to try and stay around the $5000.00 mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor