1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

melman109 said:
Your sticker is done big homie, i'm going to pick it up tomorrow.

Aight...text me a of it when u get it and then text me ur email for paypal....thanks brah

Im having a delima guys!!!! I came across this guy on craigslist with 3.42 gears with posi unit installed for $175.00, So i called him and we came to an agreement to get it done tomorrow...Note: I still have orignal gears that are 2.?? gears.

Before I got my motor rebuilt I remember I could burn rubber with my stocks and only passanger side would spin...

I never tried to burn rubber with my 22'' rims, so I got home turned on elko let it warm up and gave it a shot!!!!

NOPE!!!! nothing happened no spinning no even a move!!! Elko keep on shutting off!!!! :x ...So I wet the floor and tried round two....and sure enought NOTHING again :evil: !

I took the elko for a ride around the block a couple of times just to get it all warmed up real good, got back to drive way and gave it one more try, and sure enough it started off slow them a big cloud of smoke, I WAS BURING RUBBER ON WATER passanger side!!! :rofl: .......

What my concerns are is why is it taking so long for it to burn rubber, is my 305 worthless? i feel like :puke:

Im confused and fustrated, i dont want to have posi installed and it not work like i want it too...And the homie told me that he cant guarantee that they will both spin, but he can guarantee his work and that his posi unit with gear will work....he also mentioned that if someone has a shitty motor it might not spin.....So I called him and we are on standby, but if another person called him, its a first come first serve...

What should I do????//

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Im having a delima guys!!!! I came across this guy on craigslist with 3.42 gears with posi unit installed for $175.00, So i called him and we came to an agreement to get it done tomorrow...Note: I still have orignal gears that are 2.?? gears.

Before I got my motor rebuilt I remember I could burn rubber with my stocks and only passanger side would spin...

I never tried to burn rubber with my 22'' rims, so I got home turned on elko let it warm up and gave it a shot!!!!

NOPE!!!! nothing happened no spinning no even a move!!! Elko keep on shutting off!!!! :x ...So I wet the floor and tried round two....and sure enought NOTHING again :evil: !

I took the elko for a ride around the block a couple of times just to get it all warmed up real good, got back to drive way and gave it one more try, and sure enough it started off slow them a big cloud of smoke, I WAS BURING RUBBER ON WATER passanger side!!! :rofl: .......

What my concerns are is why is it taking so long for it to burn rubber, is my 305 worthless? i feel like :puke:

Im confused and fustrated, i dont want to have posi installed and it not work like i want it too...And the homie told me that he cant guarantee that they will both spin, but he can guarantee his work and that his posi unit with gear will work....he also mentioned that if someone has a shitty motor it might not spin.....So I called him and we are on standby, but if another person called him, its a first come first serve...

What should I do????//
DONT MESS WITH HIM Y BURN RUBBER AND ON THE 22S THATS SHOW CAR PUT STOCKS ON AND BURN EM!! but if i was u either take it to a reputible shop and have the gears installed with a warranty or to some research and find the gears and wait for the crew to get it crackin on it!! JMO....

Fasho Kris....Thanks I feel much better....Yea I can do that , get the gears and Posi Unit and let the big homies make them spin....its not like im going to be burning rubber at shows....lmao :rofl: :rofl:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Fasho Kris....Thanks I feel much better....Yea I can do that , get the gears and Posi Unit and let the big homies make them spin....its not like im going to be burning rubber at shows....lmao :rofl: :rofl:
i agree... all u need is a good running car burning rubber and all that only puts wear on the car... but sometimes u shud have fun...with stocks

kuruption109 said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
i agree... all u need is a good running car burning rubber and all that only puts wear on the car... but sometimes u shud have fun...with stocks

Yea I want to have fun with it here and there, u feel me ...hahahaha....ok ok Im going to pass on that for know, just take it slow find some gears slowly and posi unit slowly...

Thanks Brah

Big Saint

what kind of shop installs posi gears?? i wanna know cuz its hard to find a car with a posi rear end at the junk yard

HEy 80elcaminoflake if your talking about have ACE from craigslist install the posi I say go for it. He did mine not too long ago i got 3.73's, hes a good guy and knows his stuff, he had it in there in about an hour or two. With a higher gear ratio it would be easier to light those tires up. But it is expensive having to replace low pro tires lol What trans are you running then you can get a better idea of what gear ratio you might serve you best

richp85elco said:
HEy 80elcaminoflake if your talking about have ACE from craigslist install the posi I say go for it. He did mine not too long ago i got 3.73's, hes a good guy and knows his stuff, he had it in there in about an hour or two. With a higher gear ratio it would be easier to light those tires up. But it is expensive having to replace low pro tires lol What trans are you running then you can get a better idea of what gear ratio you might serve you best
link to craiglist?

richp85elco said:

Yea ACE.....I seen his youtube video and dayum he had those irocs on fire.....Im just going to laylow for a bit sionce elko is for show, im not going to be burning out at shows n e ways....thanks for looking...

Big Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor