1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

richp85elco said:
I know what you mean I went to the junkyard last sat and tried to take one off and it was hard as hell. I finally gave up and started breaking stuff then just when i thought i almost had it out it cracked. SMH

Yeah that sucks...there are so many small screws...

richp85elco said:
I know what you mean I went to the junkyard last sat and tried to take one off and it was hard as hell. I finally gave up and started breaking stuff then just when i thought i almost had it out it cracked. SMH
the trick is to take the fender well out and unscrew all the bolts outside then go under the dash unhook all wires and connectors then ur good to go!!!

kuruption109 said:
richp85elco said:
the trick is to take the fender well out and unscrew all the bolts outside then go under the dash unhook all wires and connectors then ur good to go!!!

Yup....all the screws under dash, that i do remember....lol

Well guys it has been awhile since i have posted in my thread....im kinda done, just need to get that overflow tank...

I will be at a show this Saturday in Downey,Ca @ the Downey High School Parking light...
I heard it get real good....cant wait to go....will keep you updated with photos....

http://www.oldmemoriescc.com/images/fly ... sgvmay.jpg

Guys I have a Q's...i want to kinda put headers in Project elko, I had a set, What kind? i dont know, The guy I bought them off of when I was rebuilting the motor said they were for small block engines, thats why i got them. When i got the motor rebuilt the shop told me that they were hitting the a-arm and that i was going to need to cut alittle, they did show me where it was hitting and it was hitting the a-arm about 1-2inches i think.... i didnt want to do that so i just put my OG manifolds...

What kinda headers am i going to neeed? i heard of shortys headers, but am i going to need to re-do my exhaust?

Can you guys post a pic of headers that i will need to clear my 1980 checy el camino 305 engine/ bay,a-arms etc...so it can fit smoothly with no cutting and problems....

Thanks
Big Saint

Only picture I have of my engine bay, a bit dated I may add, I am running flowtechs on my car, haven't had a single problem. My car is a 78 with a 350

DSC03113.jpg

86_olds said:
what about these dont know much bout headers but i want some on my cutlass as well http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pt ... 02143.html

Those look like the ones i had....one of those header poles was hitting the aarms...and in his ad says came off 350: I have a 305....i think they will fit but might have clearance issuse.....dont want to get another set if its not going to clear...i want to make sure i get the right set of headers that i can just drop in with not problems...good looking out tho homie....i think i need shorty headers...

78mali350 said:
Only picture I have of my engine bay, a bit dated I may add, I am running flowtechs on my car, haven't had a single problem. My car is a 78 with a 350

DSC03113.jpg
Thanks for the pic...i think i can get a better look at it know....item # on headers? Where u get them?

N e body with advice about headers???? Shortys!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor