1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Big Saint. These are the ones you want. Hedman Hedders 68608 - Hedman Elite Hedders
They are ceramic coated. They'll give you a good sound and they look good.

84ElCamino said:
Big Saint. These are the ones you want. Hedman Hedders 68608 - Hedman Elite Hedders
They are ceramic coated. They'll give you a good sound and they look good.
Kool thanks alot Pollo....but will they give me clearance, so i can just bolt right on?

Big Saint. I have Long Tube Headman. But I should have gone with those shortys. My boy Godson has them on his elco. Check out his page on Cardomain. You will like what you see. I really like those. He still has AC and there were no issues installing them on the passenger side with all that AC crap still there. Hope this helps.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3212504/1 ... ino/page-3

84ElCamino said:
Big Saint. I have Long Tube Headman. But I should have gone with those shortys. My boy Godson has them on his elco. Check out his page on Cardomain. You will like what you see. I really like those. He still has AC and there were no issues installing them on the passenger side with all that AC crap still there. Hope this helps.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3212504/1 ... ino/page-3

Nice set up, I like....Looks like they clear too...i cked them out but dayum they cost a good penny, i better start mowning lawns here and there....Do u no of any other ones that are in a good budject of like $100 to $150

84elko said:
as they say speed costs and I would not put any headers on that were not coated to help keep the heat down

X2 especially when your dealing with retrofit bolt on parts, if your tring to stay smog legal remember you need to get ones with the a.i.r tubes like these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-68793/ not sure if 80's had them tho but without the y pipe that comes in that kit im unsure that you will be able to bolt them on to your existing system, so some work will be required.

I just picked these up http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-2451-1HKR/ but havn't dropped the motor in yet, we will see what trouble I run into.

Big Saint. Honestly I would not recommend any in the 100-200 range. I had the regular hedman shortys that are 175 but they are not coated, they made my engine bay look dirty, they run hotter. At the end i sold them for 50 bucks and then bought long tubes. Had I not been cheap and gone with the coated shortys from the start I would have been fine. So I learned my lesson. You don't have to learn yours. Trust me. Spend the extra dollar. Well worth it.

84ElCamino said:
Big Saint. Honestly I would not recommend any in the 100-200 range. I had the regular hedman shortys that are 175 but they are not coated, they made my engine bay look dirty, they run hotter. At the end i sold them for 50 bucks and then bought long tubes. Had I not been cheap and gone with the coated shortys from the start I would have been fine. So I learned my lesson. You don't have to learn yours. Trust me. Spend the extra dollar. Well worth it.

I agree 100% I've purchased multiple items in the past just to take the cheap way out. In the end I had to buy the expensive part because the cheaper version didnt work out. You end up spending more in the end. You gotta "pay to play!" 8)

Thanks guys!!!!!!! Thats it im all pumped up......im going to take a second loan out on my house and go all out!!!!!! Lmao lmao lmao :rofl:

J/K i understand what u guys saying....i will save some cash and get some headers that are well worth it....thanks for the advise brahs....i might go with the ones Godsons has....

Thanks
Big Saint

2nd place muscle car

Lowrider magazine taking pics with elko

Fans checking out ride.

What u think guys??????

80zbabiezCC

Big Saint

Attachments

• 2011-05-07_11-03-37_822.jpg
    2011-05-07_11-03-37_822.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,038
  • 2011-05-07_15-34-24_475.jpg
    2011-05-07_15-34-24_475.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,033
  • 2011-05-07_16-07-35_858.jpg
    2011-05-07_16-07-35_858.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,015
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor