1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

LMAO....thats all i needed to do .....lol...dauym....well maybe next time..

Was at bobs big boys for a fundrasier... Car member for "our style cc" lost his life while on 101 freeway under his car fixing a flat, drunk driver hit him...rip hugo...cpl pics at bobs And after...my buddys 51 chevy too..

730a9194.jpg

6dbd0ad3.jpg

5c3ef202.jpg

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Was at bobs big boys for a fundrasier... Car member for "our style cc" lost his life while on 101 freeway under his car fixing a flat, drunk driver hit him...rip hugo...cpl pics at bobs And after...my buddys 51 chevy too..

730a9194.jpg

6dbd0ad3.jpg

5c3ef202.jpg
good turnout

Actually you have to remove the 5/16 head screw in the picture then slide the pin out ,Then you can push the axles in .
The C clips usually fall off into the case.
To remove the pinion gear you will have to remove the large nut in the front of the pinion yoke drive the yoke off with a hammer,then you can remove the pinion gear and bearings.

Attachments

• imagesCA3I4G1Y.jpg
    imagesCA3I4G1Y.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,306
  • imagesCA4FE6I2.jpg
    imagesCA4FE6I2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,328

you need to use the stock pinion shims off your el co on the gear set you use, so you will need a new bearing/race press the old one off of both the stock and the new/used, then have the shim that were on your stock one put on the one you want to install, try top avoid the temptation of putting the new one straight on.. the pinion gear shims on your old pinion should get your backlash pretty close to where it needs to be... just use all your stick shims... put new bearing on

check out my brake upgrade thread again, i think i explain the axles in there...

there is a bolt that locks the big axle pin in, this pin keeps the axles from sliding in and locks the axle c clips in. you have to take the bolt out of the side of the big pin in the carrier, then spin the carrier, knock the big pin out, the push an axle in, take that c clip off, repeat for the other side... they can be stubborn, even with pushing the axles in, so you may have to persuade them with a crow bar, by prying gently between the c clip and inner side of the axle

going to the junk yard and doing it yourself, may save you a ton of money.... you do need to inspect the ring and pinion though, make sure the are no jacked up teeth etc.. i may even check the backlash on it before you pull it, to make sure it was right the the donor car... which if it came stock with them, it was prob right...

Ya kris was a very good turn out...had alot of fun...

Thanks guys for the info....when im at the yard i will def look intO that...great info :wink:

You've stepped it up on the cell phone. Use it while you are at the yards bruh. Youtube has a ton of vids on how to do this.. This lil vid helped me on pulling my axles and understanding how the parts fit and work together...

[youtube]WqdmUPWpI9c[/youtube]

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
You've stepped it up on the cell phone. Use it while you are at the yards bruh. Youtube has a ton of vids on how to do this.. This lil vid helped me on pulling my axles and understanding how the parts fit and work together...

[youtube]WqdmUPWpI9c[/youtube]

Ahhhhhh i didnt thnk about you tube while at yard:...lol... I thought i still had a Droid...lmao...goood looking...trying my best, thanks warren

1st place best truck...hot day ready to go home...relax and enjoy my rest of sunday with family...

b47e357d.jpg

9199039a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor