1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Dave V said:
Saint if you want help doing this let me know im down to help you out. i did my hotckis setup in my 83 and it takes a day to do it all. getting the bushings out of the axle housing can be a b*tch if your gonna change them which i would do. if you get the adjustables you will be happier as i have the adjustable set up in my current car and im glad i got it as i cheaped out on my 83 and i was never happy with it. the rear swaybar will change how youe elky handles indeed you will love it. doing touch up paint etc while down there is easy and doing one side at a time is the way to do it no need to mess with the driveshaft etc....once you get the parts pick a day and ill come down and give you some help if you want it. glad to see your getting it all dialed in. same goes with the front when your ready im there to help and that is a true offer homie....

Ahhhh Dave thanks alot....Good to know that ur willing to drive down here and give me a hand...well first im going to do my posi with gears... My buddy had a grand national and knows all about rear ends..."ROAD KING RAUL" he has his own moblie truck that has all his part and has a compresser and etc.... So hes going to help me install it...hes going to try tk look out for a posi unit for me as well... So when i get those arms i will let u know...thanks :mrgreen:

kuruption109 said:
Dave V said:
Saint if you want help doing this let me know im down to help you out. i did my hotckis setup in my 83 and it takes a day to do it all. getting the bushings out of the axle housing can be a b*tch if your gonna change them which i would do. if you get the adjustables you will be happier as i have the adjustable set up in my current car and im glad i got it as i cheaped out on my 83 and i was never happy with it. the rear swaybar will change how youe elky handles indeed you will love it. doing touch up paint etc while down there is easy and doing one side at a time is the way to do it no need to mess with the driveshaft etc....once you get the parts pick a day and ill come down and give you some help if you want it. glad to see your getting it all dialed in. same goes with the front when your ready im there to help and that is a true offer homie....
SAINT GET IT DONE! and u have help.....

YesSir!!!! Thats my next step...saving all my hustle money to get it done.. :wink:

Lowproelco said:
Saint i picked up a posi unit off this guy his name is Ace.. hes out your way im sure you have seen his post check him out if ur buddy cant find one for ya http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/2587983121.html

Lmao...crazy that u mentioned" Ace the Repp"..... He justed texted me two days ago to see how the elko is coming along and if i was ready to turn sideways with his posi unit...i heard he jas some good sh*t?

Would u recommend him ?

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Lowproelco said:
Saint i picked up a posi unit off this guy his name is Ace.. hes out your way im sure you have seen his post check him out if ur buddy cant find one for ya http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/2587983121.html

Lmao...crazy that u mentioned" Ace the Repp"..... He justed texted me two days ago to see how the elko is coming along and if i was ready to turn sideways with his posi unit...i heard he jas some good sh*t?

Would u recommend him ?

yea i would the posi i bought off of him was good i bought it for my elco a while back and it runs good... in the next week or two im gonna hit him up to do the ss to make it posi...

Lowproelco said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Lowproelco said:

Would u recommend him ?

yea i would the posi i bought off of him was good i bought it for my elco a while back and it runs good... in the next week or two im gonna hit him up to do the ss to make it posi...

Kool thanks for reminding me about ACE... I think im just going to hit him up when im ready to install my posi...just need to save all my hustle money, maybe within the next couple of weeks hes going to get a phone call and just take care of this posi 3.73gears.... Thanks again big homie...

Went to pick a part today and found some 3.73 gears out of 1982 chevy s10 truck....dosent look like a posi unit, just the gears..Bad part is i couldnt take them out...theres a pin that holds the axel and i couldnt get it out..i was so mad that i had to leave it there., two hours under the truck trying to find number to make sure of the gears, and trying to take it out!!!! :evil: :twisted:

Oh well maybe next time i guess.. :| They only good thing i got out of this experience was getting all high off the gear oil that came out the rear end.....LMAO.... im feeling good....hahahahaha :rofl:

7342786d.jpg

238cdb42.jpg

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Went to pick a part today and found some 3.73 gears out of 1982 chevy s10 truck....dosent look like a posi unit, just the gears..Bad part is i couldnt take them out...theres a pin that holds the axel and i couldnt get it out..i was so mad that i had to leave it there., two hours under the truck trying to find number to make sure of the gears, and trying to take it out!!!! :evil: :twisted:

Oh well maybe next time i guess.. :| They only good thing i got out of this experience was getting all high off the gear oil that came out the rear end.....LMAO.... im feeling good....hahahahaha :rofl:

7342786d.jpg

238cdb42.jpg
to get the "c-clips out u have to push the axles inwards one at a time then u will b able to get the clip off

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor