1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

So I want to start on my rear end....Im going to start looking aroung for my posi unit and try to get 3.42 or 3.73 gears....most likley some 3.73 gears...

But would like some info and would like to change out my upper and lower trailing arms to have good support back there so my rearend wont run away on me....lmao :rofl:

Heres a site that i found them on, let me know if they will fit, if not chime in guys... I think they will...is it hard to install, or just matter of taking off bolts???

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info. ... 91252aca8a

http://www.c3fab.com/index.htm

Attachments

• 709x480_Level1setGangle.jpg
    709x480_Level1setGangle.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 565

Thanks skip, was lookin at thosE adjustable one..so got home and went under elko to take pics... See before and after....of course will paint and get it all nice...just need that rear sway bar to complete the back end...kris sent me a link of a guy that has those rear sway bars..might hit him up this weekend..

f3d3e22e.jpg

1d56d419.jpg

Cpl more pics of lower and upper arms...

a2b9c326.jpg

2c652cd4.jpg

The control arms are just taking off bolts, you might have to disconnect the driveshaft depending on if you drop the whole rear end to paint it or something, or you can do one arms at a time.. the adjustable ones are nice because you can play with the pinion angle, with those you'll have to do some math, measuring, you know the fun stuff but if you arnt really messing with the rear end and suspension then you dont really need them.. if your planning on getting a rear sway bar make sure you get lower arms that have the holes to bolt it on.. What kind of shocks are those? they look bad *ss, are they just bolt on?

seen some of those shocks at the local bone yard on a malibu i believe.. i might grab em my next trip

yeah mine took a good day to do. i didnt have to unbolt the driveshaft or pull out the springs just unbolted the shocks and did one single arm at a time.

Thanks for checking in guys...

I dont think im going to drop the rear end, just going to leave it in...just going to unbolt and put new trailing arms on... When i paint it its just going to be something fast... Nothing pimped out...just some touch up paint..So if i dont drop the rear then i can just unbolt? Right ?

As for the shock i dont remeber...i know i got them at autozone..front and back shocks are the same model and kinda look the same with the shock inside of the spring... Good ride too...

Saint if you want help doing this let me know im down to help you out. i did my hotckis setup in my 83 and it takes a day to do it all. getting the bushings out of the axle housing can be a b*tch if your gonna change them which i would do. if you get the adjustables you will be happier as i have the adjustable set up in my current car and im glad i got it as i cheaped out on my 83 and i was never happy with it. the rear swaybar will change how youe elky handles indeed you will love it. doing touch up paint etc while down there is easy and doing one side at a time is the way to do it no need to mess with the driveshaft etc....once you get the parts pick a day and ill come down and give you some help if you want it. glad to see your getting it all dialed in. same goes with the front when your ready im there to help and that is a true offer homie....

Dave V said:
Saint if you want help doing this let me know im down to help you out. i did my hotckis setup in my 83 and it takes a day to do it all. getting the bushings out of the axle housing can be a b*tch if your gonna change them which i would do. if you get the adjustables you will be happier as i have the adjustable set up in my current car and im glad i got it as i cheaped out on my 83 and i was never happy with it. the rear swaybar will change how youe elky handles indeed you will love it. doing touch up paint etc while down there is easy and doing one side at a time is the way to do it no need to mess with the driveshaft etc....once you get the parts pick a day and ill come down and give you some help if you want it. glad to see your getting it all dialed in. same goes with the front when your ready im there to help and that is a true offer homie....
SAINT GET IT DONE! and u have help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor