1980 Malibu factory 305 w/4 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Manuals rule. Helps deal with the temptation to pick up a cell phone. Keep it whole.

Reactions: 2 users

84cutlasssupreme

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2019
Just sharing my car and learning the forum and more about the details of this car. Just added as a daily driver.
I never saw one of these with what I assume is a factory 4-speed. Looks really loaded with the p/w, p/l, & I noticed a right-hand remote mirror. From what I've seen of these almost never saw one with these options either. I like your idea of keeping it original if possible. That's what I did when I had my '84 Cutlass Brougham which I sold a couple of years ago.
For wheels, I almost suggested w/walls & wire covers, but I'm sure the Forum lynch mob would be after me!! LOL! I would at least set a record of angry emojis! But with the 4-speed I'd go with the rallys.
Does it also have a tilt wheel & cruise control?
Other than this, very nice unusual car. Interior looks to be well cared for by previous owner(s). Good luck!

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I may be the only fan of these rims, but the stock rally rims are my vote. The same centers were used in 15-inch hoops on the S10s. You can paint to match to the Malibu version, and wrap them in 235-60-15s with no speedo correction.
EBBEF07D-DA30-4D1F-ACE8-4CE17E9EEFA5.jpeg
266E8433-20C5-4ED8-A5A6-D6092FFA84DE.jpeg

Last edited:

Ibe555666

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2022
Florida
I ordered the build specs on it to see what the wheels were. I'm thinking the rally wheels would be my choice but will see soon what it came with. Has pretty much all options, being manual no cruise could be ordered. Tilt wheel, rear defrost fan......dual remote mirrors, has all I can think of. Someone ordered this loaded as it gets or maybe an GM exec car? Definitely different. Its very clean interior and solid top to bottom. I will post the build when I get it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

Ibe555666

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2022
Florida
Welcome to the site. Looks like a nice car that you have there. I also have a 1980 factory 4 speed/305 Malibu, which is an Oshawa built car, another one of the 124 built for Canada that year. I was fortunate that the person that I bought the car from, turned over the original dealer invoice to the original owner when I bought the car from him. If you're looking for documentation, look up Vintage Vehicle Services in Oshawa Ontario. For a fee, they will send you documentation on your car, as long as it was originally titled and sold in Canada.
Yes....thanks for the info. I ordered from vintage, see what they come.back with.

Ibe555666

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2022
Florida
Going to wait to see what it came with from factory. Will decide from there. I think rally would look best. Anyone out here have a set?

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Looks like a 1AW27 Sport coupe would have come with steel wheels and these hubcaps when no options were selected and I see no wheels or wheel covers on that sheet. :(
1AW27 Base wheel cover.png

I vote put some ralleys on it. You can put together a set of steel wheels and hubcaps just so you have the original stuff too.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ibe555666

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2022
Florida
I am with you I will go for Rally wheels. At least they will be correct for the year. Just so strange that they would add all those options and not put on wheels. Maybe they were planning on getting their own. It just wouldn't look right with hubcaps the look of the car just screams Rally wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor