1980 Monte Carlo No Spark Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Check the wires at the pickup, common for them to be weak. Tug on them a little, good ones will stay, weak will pull off

jessedukhia

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Guys thanks for all your help but I threw in the white towel. I ordered a new distributor a Cardone 30 1671. Should I get a pro to install or is it easy enough for myself to do?

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
There are tutorials online and it isn't hard to do. read some tutorials and watch some videos, if you feel comfortable doing it after that then go for it.

jessedukhia

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Guys I really need help so stumped. I installed a brand new distributor, cap, rotor, coil, and checked voltage from pink wire 12V, but still no spark. any ideas?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the distributor needs to be grounded in order to work. It's a simple system and if you have replaced the distributor with all new components and everything in the distributor is installed properly and you have 12 volts going into it the only thing I can think of if you have no spark it must be a ground issue.

jessedukhia

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Guys,

Any help Im so stumped. I called a mobile mechanic he was wasn't very good and couldn't figure out the issue. Told me brand new ignition coil was bad I took back to the parts store they gave me new still no spark. power and tach(ground) to distributor tested ok. I have installed new distributor, cap, rotor, ignition coil, hei module. The only thing i haven't replaced is the wiring harness that connects the module in the distributor to the cars computer. Could this part be why there is no spark?

P.s the new distributor did not come with this wiring harness. However, it gave instructions on to remove from old distributor to new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor