1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Skip option 2, that will be more of a pita than what it will be worth imo. Do you really want the LS1? Personally, I'd be happy to see that money pit disappear.

And don't give John Q Public too much credit, there is an excellent chance of finding someone to cough up $30+k for this - cars are going for stupid money, at least around here. The LS1 will be a fabulous selling point to one of those types.

It would b see nice to see it go to someone that would run it.

That's the thing. Even if I sell the car for a good dollar I cannot replace the majority of parts in the wagon thanks to the state of things today. But, I can repurpose them and have two great cars instead of three mediocre ones. I am making a business decision here... this is all about ROI.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That's the thing. Even if I sell the car for a good dollar I cannot replace the majority of parts in the wagon thanks to the state of things today. But, I can repurpose them and have two great cars instead of three mediocre ones. I am making a business decision here... this is all about ROI.
Then sell it as a roller. Duke wants it, just remember to charge him the friends tax.

Can you find 2WD 4L80’s in the Great White North? They are like chicken lips here.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Then sell it as a roller. Duke wants it, just remember to charge him the friends tax.

Can you find 2WD 4L80’s in the Great White North? They are like chicken lips here.
Stop giving him ideas.... geez...

I have some spare goodies in my horde... this one was $600 Canadian pesos and came with a uhaul van 4.8
20211207_195708.jpg
2wd are more rare, 4x4 units are a dime a dozen and a swap to 2wd is $200 and 2 hours for a tear down.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Might be a slight pain but a simple 5.3, 60e, stock harness and 7.5 will sell the car almost as easy as anything else.

However a 2wd 60e, swap oil pan, and a 7.5 that isn't howling isnt exactly cheap or easy to find.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Wait, what's happening here? Are you bargaining for a price drop? Please advise...

It is a relationship building exercise... like an advanced handshake.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor