1981 Cutlass Supreme project in Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingo84

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
*edited with more pictures*
I bought a Cutlass Supreme Brougham 1981 with a 76' Corvette L48 350 engine and TH350 transmission. I'm glad its not the stock 3.8l..
And its also getting some performance parts right now.

This is when I arrived home the day I bought it. It ran nice, only a bad carb problem.
These cars are incredible to drive!
oldsen_pic001w.jpg

oldsen_pic003w.jpg

Beginning to tear it down
oldsen_pic007w.jpg

2013-02-07-134.jpg

2013-02-08-138.jpg

2013-02-03-128.jpg

2013-02-08-141.jpg

As you can see, it needs some new sheet metal.
What I need, is door bottoms, left front fender, both inner fenders (not the plastic ones, you can see them standing on the floor there, and in the first picture the left is still on the car).
I also need rear left bottom panel patch (before wheel).
Anyone of you know where I can get those? I ordered some door bottoms but I think they are having some postal problems.

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
Welcome...
Good luck on your build. I've been shipping early 60's chevy Impala body pieces to friends in Eastern Europe so I kinda know its a bit more of a challenge to get sheetmetal parts over there. Have you tried gbodyparts.com? I'm also sure another forum member will be more than willing to cut sheetmetal from a donor car for you as well. I know turbv6(a member on here) should have just about everything you'd need too, he's got over 30 gbodys he's parting out so be sure to 'pm' him too.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana

dingo84

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
I have weld up the rusted areas with some sheet metal.
oldsen_pic038w.jpg

oldsen_pic055w.jpg

oldsen_pic043w.jpg

oldsen_pic056w.jpg

oldsen_pic057w.jpg

oldsen_pic058w.jpg

oldsen_pic044w.jpg

oldsen_pic060w.jpg

oldsen_pic061w.jpg

oldsen_pic062w.jpg

Now the next thing to do , is chopping the roof!
oldsen_pic065w.jpg

oldsen_pic068w.jpg

oldsen_pic069w.jpg

The donor car had a Cutlass 4 door frame, with a Cutlass 442 chassie that was rusted out and no longer restorable.
I also got usable doors from it, and some other stuff I needed.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
I'am confused :? , Why would you cut the roof off a T-Top cutlass? Was it in bad shape :?:
Gbarrie.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Gbarrie said:
I'am confused :? , Why would you cut the roof off a T-Top cutlass? Was it in bad shape :?:
Gbarrie.

Looks like a great project but I am confused as well. Was the body on the 442 too rusted to restore? You could have swapped the good chassis / frame to the 442 and had a more desirable car as an end result.

dingo84

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
oldsen_pic067w.jpg

yes exactly. the 442 was rusted out everywhere, and even deformed in the chassie. It would have been a nightmare to restore. It may not look that bad on the pictures. Even the frame was chopped bits of.
I was just finished with the rust on my Supreme chassie.
But still I miss some inner front fenders. It was just so insanely expensive to ship them. Maybe I have to ask turbov6 to chop them in half to lower the shipping costs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor