1981 Cutlass Supreme project in Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingo84

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
Hi people.
Sadly, I have to tell you that the project went away today. I sold it for about 2500 $
It was time to think about other things now, my economy and situation made it too hard to finish it. But at least the new owner is a g body enthusiast and it will be finished this year he said. I will not leave the g body community, I have still knowledge to share with new guys here who are doing the same work 8)
I think my next american car will be a different body platform, but we'll see one day. Thanks for helping me getting this far with it and thanks to turbov6 for front inner fenders :)

Attachments

• 400651_1404606719798781_1135391286_n.jpg
    400651_1404606719798781_1135391286_n.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 436

nsharma

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2014
I've been following your build and am sorry you had to sell her. But I have to admit I'm somewhat perplexed as to the amount of rust you had on this Cutty. I have an 1981 Grand Prix with absolutely zero rust anywhere so I'm wondering what is the norm is here. Do most G Bodies have an issue with rust and I just got lucky? I mean I know I've seen a few cars here with rusted out doors and rear quarters and even the rear frames but your's seems to be a real oddball. No disrespect intended by this post just curious.

dingo84

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
Hey ppl. I got some heartbreaking news the other day. You guys probably remember this restoration object.
I heard from a friend that someone saw my project in the scrapper.. I called today, and they said it is now crushed into a cube of metal :evil:
I worked hard for a whole year with this.. All the rust were taken care of. But the last buyer just took the engine and auto and didn't care about the rest. How would you feel if this happened to your work?
Next time when I have a project like this, I will put it in a barn somewhere rather than selling it.. Can't believe this..

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
This is why I have a hard time letting anything go. Never mind the work put into the project - just finding the ca and parts in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor