1981 ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT CaliforniaEdition

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWEEET! You gettin it in bruh bruh!

Elco Warren 8)
80z UP!!!

Car is lookin right bruh. Lookin forward to that rear end build thread, I have never messed with a rear and I want to do exactly what you are planning to do, 7.5 posi, new gears.

Well going a different route on my rearend build.Rode up to N.carolina today and picked up a 7.5 posi rearend with 2.73 gears fresh oil already in it.So this weekend im puting a new gasket on the cover sanding it down and painting it up.Im gonna install it and hopefully have a burn out vid to post by sunday.On a side note i paid $200 for this ,I met this guy off craigslist who was selling it and let me tell you he is a G-body guy to the third power and real nice if i may had.I spent two hours up there talking to him and he has anything you want g-body wise.2 garages full and a attic of any and everything you need.I wish i would have took pics he also had a clean 87 monte ss and a 82 elco he was installing a grand prix front end on.If anyone is in n or s carolina pm me i can give you his number,he gots a steel 2 1/2 bolt on cowl hood im heading back up there next week to grab for $250.Till later peace....

1319663637.jpg

1319663640.jpg

Can't wait to see that vid!! You got a good deal on that bad boy! I wish he was a little closer I'd love to have one of them hoods for my next build :mrgreen:

Did u mean 3.73 gears ??? or can u run 2.73 gears in a posi unit and will still perform good?

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Did u mean 3.73 gears ??? or can u run 2.73 gears in a posi unit and will still perform good?

I was hopeing for 3.73 but on the gear is 41.15 witch I looked up came out to be 2.73 and I ran the serial number came out of a cutlass like that from the factory.So I gonna play with them for a while maybe switch out next year.

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

I was hopeing for 3.73 but on the gear is 41.15 witch I looked up came out to be 2.73 and I ran the serial number came out of a cutlass like that from the factory.So I gonna play with them for a while maybe switch out next year.

Nice well tell me how they feel....if so i still have my 2.73 gears..just my go back to those gear and keep my posi...lol

Dave V said:
273 and a posi is not bad at all

AHHH I should of just left my 2.73 gears in and just got the posi, would of saved 100 bucks....

NAHHHHHHH Im liking the 3.73....going to have some fun with themm....hehehehehehe :wink:

Let me know how she rides brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor