Status
Not open for further replies.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
I love it brah!!!! Elko Warren wanted me to ck out your thread, and man oh man, i love how much dedication you are putting into your baby....keep up the good work brah....keep posting them pics, i will follow ur thread all the way to see the end results...

Big Saint
Thanks man I been checkin yours out for a while and lovin what you have done,ive actually been lookin at your engine compartment to get a better idea of how I want mine lookin when its done,heck if i dont build a wall for my 10s gonna be doing something like yours sterio wise .Queston, how do them pre made boxes sound and is your base clear and how does it do as far a rattling in the bed?Again thanks for checkin me out and keep reppin with that clean Elco Im diggin it...
Thanks brah...well bass wise...im loving it....bass in bed has little rattle nothing major...i wanted something simple and within my budget....bass is clear and my 6x9;s really help out too.....my radio is and 7' indash and the volume only goes to 40 and dosent seem to get n e louder than that but sounds good....lol...so just get a indash with more crank......ttyl brah

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Da Reazon said:
I really like the idea of painting the suspension accessories the same color as the car it has me thinking now.
Me, too......but my car is black.... :rofl:
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT, love the intensity you are putting in the work on your Elky. Your little girl reminds me of my 3 boys (5,8 and 11).....they always want to be doing something when I'm working on anything....especially the 87. Keep the updates coming.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
whats good brah? n e updates on your elko?pics>?

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT

Master Mechanic
Apr 13, 2011
S.carolina
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Hope to update this sunday,Right now doing the stuff people dont wanna see cleaning,scrubbing and sanding,plus gotta grab a new alt. mount, radiator and electric fan friday then I can get this engine compartment half way back together.Between work and fam its hard to get to my baby ,but i got a rule if I cant work on it I make sure I buy something for It so its slowly getting right.Thanks for slidin through man.peace... D.J.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Hope to update this sunday,Right now doing the stuff people dont wanna see cleaning,scrubbing and sanding,plus gotta grab a new alt. mount, radiator and electric fan friday then I can get this engine compartment half way back together.Between work and fam its hard to get to my baby ,but i got a rule if I cant work on it I make sure I buy something for It so its slowly getting right.Thanks for slidin through man.peace... D.J.

Oh fosho brah i know what u talking about...ok well just keep up posted..ttyl

Robert

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2007
Germany
Lookin gooood! :D

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
[
Hope to update this sunday,Right now doing the stuff people dont wanna see cleaning,scrubbing and sanding.

Man thats the stuff I love to see peeps gettin down on. The before, during and after pics before paint really get me goin. Keep up the clean *ss work bruh...

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT

Master Mechanic
Apr 13, 2011
S.carolina
Well got on my engine compartment cleaned and sprayed this weekend wanted to do more but so lil time.Now gotta start putting things back on got all my acc. allready still gotta purchase a carb(Holley670cfm),master cyclinder,radiator and dual ele. fans, and a few small goodies.once I get this engine compartment done and fired back up then its shocks and springs,then new calipers and brakes all around.(If it seems like Im ramblin alot of this is to remind myself of the game plan).Still gotta figure out what to do about my rear end.A race shop qouted me$900 two hours have me out the door with a new posi and 3.23.but I know of two SS monte(83,85) rear end both under $150 then I will atleast already have gears cause these 2.14 killn me.But heres pics all black with a touch of red it looks real good gonna pop once I add the chrome accs.I got off today it was a li ldusty cause im outside and it might show in some pics but it aint in the paint.Next update thurs day will be off and can start pieceing it together, I got a aftermarket powersteering bracket that mounts it to the front of the engine,but I lost the instructions,so gonna have fun figuring out how it goes(10pcs).Till next time keep it G. check them last shot are my 78 Delta 88 and 350 engine all ive did to this car is add true duals w/glasspacks and its a big o'beast i swear olds are torque monster ,but anyways gonna take it to the test and tune this thursday and take it down the 8th and show the unbelivers what a stock olds can do .Will take vids and post in General Topics.Sorry for all the spit till next time peace... D.J.
enginepaint027.jpg
enginepaint012.jpg
enginepaint010.jpg
enginepaint009.jpg
enginepaint007.jpg
enginepaint011.jpg
enginepaint013.jpg
enginepaint014.jpg
enginepaint022.jpg
enginepaint020.jpg
enginepaint021.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor