1981 Elco 305 - 2 cylinders not firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
ok fellas so everything turned out good. 2 bent valves replaced and ride is running good so far. haven't tested it out on the highway because I have one bad tire. but its running better than its ever have on normal neighborhood streets. will get a new tire tomorrow, God willing. here goes the video of the progress.

Good job myself friend.
Near the end of your video, you mentioned getting a/c. I had not looked prior to that, but afterwards, thought that I saw that you have factory a/c. Am I correct?, or do I think that I saw something that I really did not see?
My Caballero is a non-a/c car that I would like to convert. I would prefer to swap in a factory air box with a/c, than to go with an aftermarket unit.

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
Extra points for doing it in an apartment.
My patio was my garage and my dewalt job box was my bench lol. Shout out to the wifey for not throwing me out.
Good job myself friend.
Near the end of your video, you mentioned getting a/c. I had not looked prior to that, but afterwards, thought that I saw that you have factory a/c. Am I correct?, or do I think that I saw something that I really did not see?
My Caballero is a non-a/c car that I would like to convert. I would prefer to swap in a factory air box with a/c, than to go with an aftermarket unit.
When i bought it, it had ac setup but it was missing one hose and the compressor just looked old n rusty. It was them long style compressors. I'll be at the salvage yard looking for the brackets, then all the other stuff will be new. I don't know about a/c systems but i managed to replace it on my 2001 impala. Conpressor, orifice tube, dryer, condenser, cycling switch, and rented the vacuum pump from autozone. So I'm sure God will guide me through this one 😉
you loose points for bumping the thread into it's 10th page..... :giggle:
LOL hahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor