1981 Elco 305 - 2 cylinders not firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
No problem. I am going to go by the storeroom and see if they are there. I will post if I have them. Let me know if you change your mind. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Reactions: 2 users

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
My 305 is a little screwed up so I picked up the 96 engine. I figured even if it’s a waste it’s a better foundation than throwing money at a 305.
That would have been the first thing i would have done but i live in an apartment complex. When i had my 81 malibu (my avatar) my 305 went out and i went to a salvage place where they had just gotten a 1993 1500 in so it was still running and they let me check the engine out before they pulled it. It was a 350. I already had a th350 in the bu so it was quick n easym just had to chenge some pulleys from the old 305 including the oil filter housing. I did that at my parents house but they no longer live there. Cant wait to get a house.

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
ok fellas so everything turned out good. 2 bent valves replaced and ride is running good so far. haven't tested it out on the highway because I have one bad tire. but its running better than its ever have on normal neighborhood streets. will get a new tire tomorrow, God willing. here goes the video of the progress.

• Winner

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
thank u so much fellas!!

really nice job, I like how you take your time to do the job right..... :)

you diagnosed the problem, did a valve job and had the car running in less than 10 pages......

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor