Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Maybe the no start drove him to seek therapy :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

95Rolla

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2020
Appreciate all the input. I haven't been on or even messed with the car for a while. Got my hands on it again the other day I unplugged the pcm and it started right up. Now question is do I need the pcm to run the car daily? Or can it run just fine without it?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Appreciate all the input. I haven't been on or even messed with the car for a while. Got my hands on it again the other day I unplugged the pcm and it started right up. Now question is do I need the pcm to run the car daily? Or can it run just fine without it?
it will run full rich without the computer. and for future reference, it's an ecm. all it does is control fuel mixture, timing advance, and torque converter lockup.

Reactions: 1 user

95Rolla

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2020
I unplugged the 4wire connector to the distributor and it starts, I plug it in and it won't start why is that . I'm assuming it's the computer, correct me if I'm wrong please

95Rolla

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2020
This

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_142917134.jpg
    IMG_20200429_142917134.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor