1983 Big Block Monte Slow Build (Lowered Expectations)

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
565bbchevy, what seat switch are you using on the passenger side?
For both of my seats I am using Gbody driver's power bases and I mounted the control switch on the front of both seats.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I think I found an answer to the frame problem.

6597.jpeg

Gonna swing over and put eyes on it soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Went and looked at the frame.

IMG_20191224_115516.jpg

Really clean except for the area behind the rear wheels. It's from an 81 Monte.

IMG_20191224_114609.jpg

The front will clean up with no pitting. My frame is pitted and scaled. How's a guy go about fixing this? Will I even find a frame that's clean back here?

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I realize it's Christmas and all, but want to reiforce my desire for advice here. I'm very G body ignorant when it comes to their quirks. I'm not ignorant to Chevy powertrains or how to tune and I'm good at being told what to look for. Should I pounce on this local frame that I'll struggle to store for a couple of years or pounce on it due to it's ease of access and price point? I ASSume I could get away with those Goodmark rear frame bits and UMI frame notch kit, but I've seen some build threads and don't want to jump into a purchase in ignorant fashion.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I just bought some 4" wide 14ga bar stock and cut what I needed and welded it in. If it's just the bottom section that's a pretty easy repair.

Same thing with the boxing and the narrowing of the wheel channels. a lot of guys just cut, trim and reweld the original sides back in. Depending on your goals it would work.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor