1983 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I had the can and lifters but they sat in my car like 6 years. Some light surface rust on the cam and I could just imagine how sludged up the lifters are lol

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
In any event I'm always up for trades....I actually prefer trades to selling :)

Shakes the Rat

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2016
I tore the engine down after work. Standard 4" bore, provisions for a roller cam, and (sigh) 2 bolt mains. Two out of three isn't bad. I'll loosely bolt it back together tomorrow and set it in the corner while I save money.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
2 bolt will be fine unless if it will be a max effort build with slicks and dumping the clutch at 6,000 RPM. Agreed, a four bolt main would have been nice though. Just keep in mind, every 327 ever made was a two bolt main.

Shakes the Rat

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2016
I'm not that worried. I'm shooting for 400ish HP and this block will work great. My main concerns were met. I've been burned buying blocks before so there is always some worry if you can't inspect the bores before handing over cash. This one had 300,000 miles but no ridgewear and zero sludge in the valley. It'll be a good block to start with.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
300,000 miles. No ridge and no sludge. Amazing upkeep. I wonder what ended up getting the truck down.

Shakes the Rat

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2016
300,000 miles. No ridge and no sludge. Amazing upkeep. I wonder what ended up getting the truck down.

Fuel injected engines tend to show much less cylinder wear since the air/fuel mixture is closely monitored. If it isn't running rich, there isn't extra fuel washing the cylinders down. He didn't say why his friend changed the engine other than it was high mileage but it must have been a clean truck to consider swaping another engine in a high mileage body.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Any updates?

Shakes the Rat

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2016
Any updates?

On my Olds? Not really. I still have it and haven't give up. I had some issues with my truck (clutch cables breaking, ignition problems, engine getting old) and it made me realize I need a second vehicle immediately. When I changed my plans on the Olds it extended the finish date by a few months and lots of money. I need a second vehicle sooner than that.

So, I decided to focus on finishing my motorcycle. I can finish this pretty quick and I'll ride it most of the week. As soon as I'm finished with it it takes the pressure off building my Olds.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor