Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Comes with a"Test pipe" that clamps to the front exhaust downpipe and correct flange for the Y pipe for those who can /want to eliminate CAT. Current version does not come with mufflers for twice the price from years ago. Seems like it would work in the meantime. My car is a "daily driver".
Yes, my car had the cat already removed. One of the many things hacked off it. The test pipe will have the flange you need to weld on your cat. True duals will add a good amount of power but I get if you need to be emissions compliant or want the basic, stock look on a H/O. The Aerochamber mufflers sound good on an Olds V8, just loud enough inside and very little drone.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
So it makes my the headache I had with my Pypes tailpipe look like a mild issue?
Yes. For starters, the H pipe wouldn't fit up to the manifolds. It had to be cut and re-welded on the car. The tailpipes still don't fit right. I don't know what type of pattern or jig they use but it doesn't fit a 62 Ford.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yes. For starters, the H pipe wouldn't fit up to the manifolds. It had to be cut and re-welded on the car. The tailpipes still don't fit right. I don't know what type of pattern or jig they use but it doesn't fit a 62 Ford.

Maybe it was jigged up on a '62 Ford built on a Tuesday, not your Dad's Friday car.

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN
I also used/liked the Hooker #16810HKR cat back system $543 on my 85 & 86 442's. Along with Magnaflow Cat Converter #23427 $195

1649360042665.png

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Rocket350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 27, 2021
Charlevoix, MI

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Do you still have the pipe that came with the Hooker kit that replaces the CAT?
Be careful if you are still running the stock Y pipe. The 4 bolt setup will NOT fit the 2 bolt factory Y pipe on an Olds. You'd be better off trying to find a cat end or make something with a 2 bolt flanges. Also the down pipe has a 4 bolt connector, but is square vs. rectangular pattern.

Rocket350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 27, 2021
Charlevoix, MI
Be careful if you are still running the stock Y pipe. The 4 bolt setup will NOT fit the 2 bolt factory Y pipe on an Olds. You'd be better off trying to find a cat end or make something with a 2 bolt flanges. Also the down pipe has a 4 bolt connector, but is square vs. rectangular pattern.
Looking for an OE CAT as you mentioned. I currently do not have anything past the downpipe. I am eliminating headers I put on in '89 when I was 19 and going back to stock 350 manifolds, crossover and downpipe from a '79 H/O but would like to go with an '83-'84 H/O style from the CAT back. So I have a couple variables to deal with like you say to make everything fit up. Looks like I may have to go with the Hooker 16810 kit OR continue looking for an OE CAT for a '79 H/O and do the '79 single in dual out muffler as from factory. Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor