1983 OLDS HURST 15th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazzi44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2018
Nice find - hope you didn't pay a lot , as said for what you posted it looks pretty rough and going to take some deep pockets to bring it back to it's glory. Another negative is they didn't come with the 8.5 rear.
Good luck and do it right.

Thanks bro - How do i find out more info
On my 83 hurst - 1g3ak4792dm434820 VIN
Can u guys help ? Decoding etc

Mazzi44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2018
I'd check those floorboards and frame for severe rust issues too. That long snake looking thing is your secondary T-top seal and it's definitely seen better days. Got a feeling the main T-top seals are shot too. The console area has seen plenty of water due to the rust in the ashtray.

Again, if you're titling/registering it in Florida, you have to follow Florida DMV rules on bringing a car in from out of state as it were. Now, without the title in hand because it was a bill of sale only, how do you know it's a clear title? I'm always a little hesitant of those no title sales. Could turn out fine, could turn into a nightmare. Good luck with that. That should be your #1 job before doing any work to that car. Make sure you can get a title for it first.

I only PAID $800 for Car 😳 GA DMV
SAID I CAN TITLE IT (Clean) but i live in Florida so I'll have to wait to see what they say ?

Mazzi44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2018
Nice find - hope you didn't pay a lot , as said for what you posted it looks pretty rough and going to take some deep pockets to bring it back to it's glory. Another negative is they didn't come with the 8.5 rear.
Good luck and do it right.

$800 is WORTH IT
I STOLE THIS AS A ROOKIE
(OfferUp) search
Ga dmv said Title is Clear

Reactions: 1 user

Mazzi44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2018
Nice find, but I hope you paid according to the condition of the car. The car will cost you HUNDREDS to title, and THOUSANDS to bring it back to life. Good luck. I have a friend that owns a 1983 H/O.

$800 dollar is ENOUGH?
Or i paid too much lol
But THIS CAR IS A GEM 💎

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I only PAID $800 for Car 😳 GA DMV
SAID I CAN TITLE IT (Clean) but i live in Florida so I'll have to wait to see what they say ?
I really don't care whether you paid $8 or $8000. The point being is that if GA DMV says you can title it, they mean in THEIR state. So that's one option. Kind of a PITA since you don't live there. If they let you get a title in GA, then do that. Then take your out of state title to the FL dmv and then do a normal state to state transfer of the title and such. Doesn't look like it's going to be no time soon that you'll need to be registering it to drive. So you got time I suppose. But until that car is 100% Florida legal, I highly suggest you not do a thing to it in case you run into troubles getting the new title in hand. You can, it's your car, but it sure would suck to have to leave the car parked because you can't get plates for it.

Mazzi44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2018
I really don't care whether you paid $8 or $8000. The point being is that if GA DMV says you can title it, they mean in THEIR state. So that's one option. Kind of a PITA since you don't live there. If they let you get a title in GA, then do that. Then take your out of state title to the FL dmv and then do a normal state to state transfer of the title and such. Doesn't look like it's going to be no time soon that you'll need to be registering it to drive. So you got time I suppose. But until that car is 100% Florida legal, I highly suggest you not do a thing to it in case you run into troubles getting the new title in hand. You can, it's your car, but it sure would suck to have to leave the car parked because you can't get plates for it.

I Understand you fully ....thanks bro
I jus called DMV AGAIN
& Original owner can get a replacement Title for me
I have to stay in GA for a lil while

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I Understand you fully ....thanks bro
I jus called DMV AGAIN
& Original owner can get a replacement Title for me
I have to stay in GA for a lil while
Great news. If he'll do that for you, that will save you TONS of headaches. Good luck getting your title.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
$800 dollar is ENOUGH?
Or i paid too much lol
But THIS CAR IS A GEM 💎
I would have bought that myself for $800. Thanks for rescuing that. Post some more pics!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor