1983 OLDS HURST 15th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
No way I'm i swapping my Original mileage 83 hurst - Classic is to remain STOCK
I say one of the new bullet 4" stroke cranks, sbc rods and custom pistons, that means 380 ci from your 307.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Actually 374 cubic inch displacement with a .060" overbore, they have thick cylinder walls. Cutlassefi brought a 4" stroke billet steel crankshaft to the market that'll takes 2.1" journal sbc rods. Add custom forged pistons. Along with bigger valves and porting in your 5A heads, it would give a big boost in power but look completely stock. I would keep it around 9 to 1 compression, mild flat tappet or roller cam will work with the stock CCC system. The 307 is a good motor but not a natural performance motor. An option if you insist on the Olds 307, of course the same crank in an Olds 350 pushes 422 cubic inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor