1984-1987 Regal base/Limited steering wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I know some of the A-Body FWD Century models came with the boomerang-style wheel. I’m not sure if the mounting bolt pattern is the same, though.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Would that be refering to the mounting of the center pad?

Well, never thought of that, but that's a valid point too.

Appearance wise the FWD A-body and G-Body wheel look the same, but if the column mount/hub is different, perhaps the center pad mount would be different as well?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
GM wheels all should mount the same onto the column. My 4 spoke wheel is off an '80's Cavalier & the same as used on '70's A, F, H bodies. Grab a complete wheel off one car & put it on another unless I miss understood the posting.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
GM wheels all should mount the same onto the column. My 4 spoke wheel is off an '80's Cavalier & the same as used on '70's A, F, H bodies. Grab a complete wheel off one car & put it on another unless I miss understood the posting.

If that's the case, the Century wheel should be another viable choice. People tend to overprice G-Body stuff when it's off a G-Body anyway, even if it's something they took off and were going to throw away when they modify one into a hot rod.

And yes, it's the wheel itself I'm referring to. Pads varied through the years, that doesn't matter. The pad is fine and can be reused, you would have to live in Arizona or intentionally mutilate one to make those go bad.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Since it's about the wheel itself, you can directly use any '69 up non airbag wheel, RWD or FWD. Even '68 & about '63 would even work with a gap between the wheel & column. Basicly it is almost any Buick wheel from our era will be a likely good source to find a replacement wheel. One of the perks of GM interchangeablity.

Reactions: 1 user

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Since it's about the wheel itself, you can directly use any '69 up non airbag wheel, RWD or FWD. Even '68 & about '63 would even work with a gap between the wheel & column. Basicly it is almost any Buick wheel from our era will be a likely good source to find a replacement wheel. One of the perks of GM interchangeablity.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
i sold mine a while ago but you are looking for something like my original one in the first picture.
I have now eliminated all of the wood grain in my Regal with the new interior.
View attachment 104499 View attachment 104500
First pic in this post was exactly what my car looked like, cept mine wasn't O/D, didn't have a tape deck, and had rubber mats.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor