1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

saw some lights while i was looking around harbor freight... gave me an idea, i dont really want long crazy *ss lights welded into the metal pan, but if i were to leave the plasmas where they r and get some cheap led lights, cut a pattern into the roll pan and mount these behind it, with a welded bolt on both sides of the light, it may be ok looking and flush, i can candy the lense down to where it would about disappear until the lights are on, may be cool for added lights and cost me another $40, instead of 400...

IMG_20110904_095723.jpg

IMG_20110904_095732.jpg

almost done with the rear brake swap on the rear end. in my other thread, but should probably post progress here, since this is main thread, any how, this rear end is going up for sale, complete with disc brakes, auburn posi unit, 3.73 gears... will have the longer axle studs, cause of the brake upgrade...

IMG_20110905_155017.jpg

IMG_20110905_165856.jpg

my favorite toy (as of today), well one of many... :D

[youtube]x95fOcIWs00[/youtube]

[youtube]3b5oWsZkuSM[/youtube]

45 cal
all in the ten ring baby and for the official record this one is NOT full auto :D it does not have a three shot selector switch :D and it is legal in cali for anyone to purchase :?: , it is my favorite, wish it was smaller though

LSCustoms said:
my favorite toy (as of today), well one of many... :D

[youtube]x95fOcIWs00[/youtube]

[youtube]3b5oWsZkuSM[/youtube]

45 cal
all in the ten ring baby and for the official record this one is NOT full auto :D it does not have a three shot selector switch :D and it is legal in cali for anyone to purchase :?: , it is my favorite, wish it was smaller though

Dayummmmm thats massive!!!! u should have that coming out your sunroof.....SWEET!!!!!! i like!!!

It's OFFICIAL!!!! I'm a hater! Everything my wife won't let me have you have.... And instead of you getting the regular ish (9mm or a Kawasaki ninja) you get the good ish to rub in my face (clean @$$ Harley and this 45 cal)

Lol, man that bad boy is nice!

hey LS so here's a taillight idea that maybe might look a little better than the trailer taillights .. how about you take some caddy tailights but instead of mounting it vertically like everyone else has done ... what about mounting them horizontal in the pan. i think the chrome bezel that come with them would give it a nice clean finish. Here's quick sketch i made to maybe make a little more sense and to get a visual.

or go with some flush led tailghts in the pan to where the lense actually gets blended in with the paint. so depending on the color of the car the taillights would completely disappear and only appear when they turn on. i believe you might have already mentioned thinking of maybe doing this.

so it would look something like this.

or another alternative could be to buid your own tailights. ill attach a couple of websites that hopefully might help with making your own or using what they offer already.

http://www.watsons-streetworks.com/leds_taillights.html

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_lights.htm this website has alot of cool stuff too

Attachments

• Caddy Taillight sketch.JPG
    Caddy Taillight sketch.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 885
  • ledTaillight pics.JPG
    ledTaillight pics.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 879

19elcamino82 said:
hey LS so here's a taillight idea that maybe might look a little better than the trailer taillights .. how about you take some caddy tailights but instead of mounting it vertically like everyone else has done ... what about mounting them horizontal in the pan. i think the chrome bezel that come with them would give it a nice clean finish. Here's quick sketch i made to maybe make a little more sense and to get a visual.

or go with some flush led tailghts in the pan to where the lense actually gets blended in with the paint. so depending on the color of the car the taillights would completely disappear and only appear when they turn on. i believe you might have already mentioned thinking of maybe doing this.

so it would look something like this.

or another alternative could be to buid your own tailights. ill attach a couple of websites that hopefully might help with making your own or using what they offer already.

http://www.watsons-streetworks.com/leds_taillights.html

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_lights.htm this website has alot of cool stuff too
i posted that somewhere in the thread, anyhow, i was going to mount them horizontally and with the points to the outside of the car...

melman109 said:
It's OFFICIAL!!!! I'm a hater! Everything my wife won't let me have you have.... And instead of you getting the regular ish (9mm or a Kawasaki ninja) you get the good ish to rub in my face (clean @$$ Harley and this 45 cal)

Lol, man that bad boy is nice!
ill let you shoot that one and this, next time your down...
IMG_20110908_102517.jpg

IMG_20110908_102456.jpg

IMG_20110908_102719.jpg

IMG_20110908_102706.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor