1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

melman109 said:
LSCustoms said:
just picked this up, so will have to figure out brakes again, but the housing is the right length already, with the big ford ends on it for now... we will see how this goes...

IMG_20110911_120738.jpg

IMG_20110911_120728.jpg

:drool:
:puke: u make me sick!! u be finding the GOOD sh*t! :mrgreen: good score big homie

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: im jelous know...lmao...sweet come up!!!

the gm bracket kit is around 100, gotta cut those brackets off weld the new ones on, trim and weld the back bracing on (which the rear needs to be locked down so that the tubes dont walk too much... then get the third member set up and the axles and brakes, still trying to figure out if i want to just shorten this up, which may require me getting the rear tires and rims set up... waiting on money to do all this stuff and still live...

more picts of the rear with the back bracing set on there right, still a little trimming but can be welded on like this... the housing has been blasted and cleaned with acetone

DSCN1827.jpg

DSCN1828.jpg

DSCN1829.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg

DSCN1831.jpg

DSCN1832.jpg

DSCN1833.jpg

Man i just sat here and went to your entire build thread and i am very jealous. I wish i had the money for sum sheetmetal rollpans but i will settle for glass for now. I think im going to steel your idea for mounting the shiter. Im runnuing the same setup with the b&m shift plate. People see these cars and don't realize how much hard work and frustrated nights are lying in the bolts that hold these cars together. I have to commend you on your hard work and dedication to that project. I see alot of things i need to expect to encounter when i start my build in a couple months

lildudefl said:
Man i just sat here and went to your entire build thread and i am very jealous. I wish i had the money for sum sheetmetal rollpans but i will settle for glass for now. I think im going to steel your idea for mounting the shiter. Im runnuing the same setup with the b&m shift plate. People see these cars and don't realize how much hard work and frustrated nights are lying in the bolts that hold these cars together. I have to commend you on your hard work and dedication to that project. I see alot of things i need to expect to encounter when i start my build in a couple months
thanks man! working on the rear disc brakes in my other thread, so haven't updated this one in a while, but anyway I can help you let me know...

started to tackle another small, short term goal of mine... modifying this...
IMG_20110929_090138.jpg

should be simple to get a motor to run, with these three plugs...but i wanna clean the harness up as best as possible by removing stuff I wont be using...
IMG_20110930_225701.jpg

it looks like its missing a clip, gotta research this...
IMG_20110929_185044.jpg

my sort of top secret project! keep people guessing on this one, some may have thought I told, but not yet :rofl:

may be missing the crank position sensor clip?, but i have another harness so ill just take it from there if i need it, anyhow, after a bit of work, pretty much done, saved myself $500-1300

started by printing out a pinout, and highlighting the stuff i wanted to delete... pulled those wires out the computer clips, then marked the wires and cut the body harnesses, took a while to strip it down, with a few cups of encouragement... but coming out nice... did one section at a time...

IMG_20111001_155138.jpg

IMG_20110930_225701.jpg

IMG_20111001_155153.jpg

IMG_20111001_155607.jpg

IMG_20111001_161339.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor