1984 ElCO Rear disc brake upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww hellll yeah!!!! **** sounds beeeeefy!!! Lookin damn good as usual fam! Keep up the incredible work!!

Elco Warren 8)

Lookin good. I'm so far away from that it's not even funny.

very nice write up! now ill have to watch the yards around here for f-bodies. only thing i would've done different is replacing the rubber hoses going to the calipers. they might look good on the outside but if the inside is going soft, the hose can collapse under pressure and hold pressure on your brakes. but, i know you were trying to do it as cheap as possible. great job man!

maliburacinfreak said:
very nice write up! now ill have to watch the yards around here for f-bodies. only thing i would've done different is replacing the rubber hoses going to the calipers. they might look good on the outside but if the inside is going soft, the hose can collapse under pressure and hold pressure on your brakes. but, i know you were trying to do it as cheap as possible. great job man!
thank you, not cheap as possible, but the most cost effective way I could, couldve used the disc to disc prob valve and avoided all the line union stuff, but the lines to the rear are the factory ls1 hoses... the only other thing i would have done is put the braided stuff, but this stuff is tried and true...

going to be finishing my 9" pretty soon, so didnt put a whole lot into this, just wanted to see if i could do it and for a good price...

Very nice write up on the swap. Do you know if those rotors will fit in a 15 inch wheel? Thanks for the write up and pics.

Chris

I finally got a rearend.I got a 12 bolt from a 69 A-body. It's a little wider but thats better for me so I won't have to use wheel spacers. I pulled the axles tonight and test fit the new backing plates. Perfect! No drilling needed. I started cleaning it up tonight and I bought some paint. So it wont be long now. LSCustoms What length studs did you get and where did you get them from. I'm going to Advance Auto parts in the morning to bring back the axle puller. I'll try to get the studs and the brake lines with the money I get back. That thing was $150.

redboy504 said:
I finally got a rearend.I got a 12 bolt from a 69 A-body. It's a little wider but thats better for me so I won't have to use wheel spacers. I pulled the axles tonight and test fit the new backing plates. Perfect! No drilling needed. I started cleaning it up tonight and I bought some paint. So it wont be long now. LSCustoms What length studs did you get and where did you get them from. I'm going to Advance Auto parts in the morning to bring back the axle puller. I'll try to get the studs and the brake lines with the money I get back. That thing was $150.
my studs are arp and are press in studs, dont even try to beat them on, etc. they have to be pressed on... i had to get the 3" ones and cut them down... you can save money on these through summit... part #100-7771, the speed shops around here sell them at $50 for 5, summit $12
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-100-7701/

suffrn6 said:
Very nice write up on the swap. Do you know if those rotors will fit in a 15 inch wheel? Thanks for the write up and pics.
Chris
prob not, as the stock ls1 rims are 16s i think, so i would say 16 or larger...

Great detailed write-up, Skip.
Keep it comin' man. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor