1984 ElCO Rear disc brake upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
dr78442 said:
Nice work. I want to do the same mod on my Oldsmobile. Do you know of anyone who is selling a comlete setup ?
not off hand, but ive seen several of these in the junk yards recently, i usually wont think about pulling them, except on half off days...

LSCustoms said:
starting bending the lines and mocking it all up... gonna make a little bracket, so the prop isnt just supported by the line, gotta figure out something simple for that and I have something in mind that should be easy for everyone to do...
quote]

very nice work there i like how you made the prop valve look almost stock very slick have you driven it to see how it stops?

dr78442 said:
Nice work. I want to do the same mod on my Oldsmobile. Do you know of anyone who is selling a comlete setup ?

Any junkyards near you? I could get you a set down here, but it would probably be easier to get them closer ot you.

Dave V said:
LSCustoms said:
starting bending the lines and mocking it all up... gonna make a little bracket, so the prop isnt just supported by the line, gotta figure out something simple for that and I have something in mind that should be easy for everyone to do...
quote]

very nice work there i like how you made the prop valve look almost stock very slick have you driven it to see how it stops?
not yet bro, gotta another major project in the works for it, so trying to decide if im going to be jumping right into that, or working on it a little further... still gotta take it all back apart and teflon tape it all, i guess dont want leaks, ill get a few more pictures up later, also need to adjust the valve.

I also need to get a couple more pieces to get the ebrake to work... but other than that this thing is ready to go...

IMG_20110925_130112.jpg

this is how the line bends down to the rear brake line... still need to cut the line coming down from the master to the front brakes and reflare with the fitting... and the rear brake line and itll be done. Ive just been lazy lately from working like crazy, just drained...

LSCustoms said:
Dave V said:
LSCustoms said:
quote]

not yet bro, gotta another major project in the works for it, so trying to decide if im going to be jumping right into that, or working on it a little further... still gotta take it all back apart and teflon tape it all, i guess dont want leaks, ill get a few more pictures up later, also need to adjust the valve.

I also need to get a couple more pieces to get the ebrake to work... but other than that this thing is ready to go...

well your work is top notch looking good....

Got all the lines cut and flared, with proper fitting. Went to try and bleed the brakes and had some minor leakage problems :rofl:

tightened up all the line properly and now the only leak is coming from the line from the master for the front brakes to the new t i put in (and thats because i didnt flare it right the first time, it looked funny but i didnt redo it) gonna cut and reflare that line in the morning

IMG_20110927_143527.jpg

IMG_20110927_125717.jpg

IMG_20110927_125728.jpg

IMG_20110927_124947.jpg

IMG_20110927_125001.jpg

IMG_20110927_143556.jpg

You do some good work,what I like is you do upgrades and custom stuff the average biulder aint thinkin off ,I try to tell my buddys theres more to putting these cars together then paint ,rims and interior its the small things sometimes that make them really enjoyable,keep the updates comin...

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
You do some good work,what I like is you do upgrades and custom stuff the average biulder aint thinkin off ,I try to tell my buddys theres more to putting these cars together then paint ,rims and interior its the small things sometimes that make them really enjoyable,keep the updates comin...
Thank You

got the rear brakes working, they work good... need to clear up a small leak up front with one of the unions and re bleed... but drove the car and it stops good, will fix leak and re bleed tomorrow... so far well worth all the effort and minor issues, still having fun with it... cant wait to finish this all up including the ebrake, so i can move on to a more important project... the Heart Transplant!

[youtube]e5n5QC7a93s[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor