1984 ElCO Rear disc brake upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
they actually look a lot better in person, cant take any better picts right now, need to find a charger download cord for my camera, anyhow, its just brakes, you get the point...

IMG287.jpg

IMG288.jpg

IMG290.jpg

o ARC ATHEISTxX

Greasemonkey
May 1, 2011
Los Angeles
I don't know if it's redundant but that adjustable proportional valve for the brakes is a must in my opinion.

Reasoning behind this is you have a heavy front end and very light rear.
you have disk in the front but i'm guessing they are stock 1 caliper . So if you have a good set of brakes in the rear then every time you brake hard the rear will lock up given the effectiveness of the disk and the minimal weight .

the valve will allow you to give the rear less bite .

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
o ARC ATHEISTxX said:
I don't know if it's redundant but that adjustable proportional valve for the brakes is a must in my opinion.

Reasoning behind this is you have a heavy front end and very light rear.
you have disk in the front but i'm guessing they are stock 1 caliper . So if you have a good set of brakes in the rear then every time you brake hard the rear will lock up given the effectiveness of the disk and the minimal weight .

the valve will allow you to give the rear less bite .
lol. yeh, already stated getting the adjustable, my other option was disc/disc proportion valve... thanks

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
for swap meet prices, got a good deal on other stuff, but unfortunately, Ive found that I overpaid for the damn adjustable proportion valve... anyhow, I paid $60...

so my new total jumps up to $132 so far (calipers, rotors, with ebrake and pads, paint/prep, adjustable proportion valve) ...
IMG300.jpg

brake parts looking good so far...
IMG298.jpg

IMG299.jpg

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Cant wait to too see them mounted on the Elky................

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Good looking out on the confirmation of the setup.searching pull a part first thing in the morn :!:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
whats good skip!!!

Dayum looking so sweet! Thats a clean come up! I wish i would of went to the yard too....but had to work...looking for posi 3 series case its some gears for elko...maybe next time..

keep up good work....

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
383S10 said:
Cant wait to too see them mounted on the Elky................
just need to figure out if im going to try and do them without the pre made bracket or just bow down and order the bracket. would have already ordered it from flynbye, but he has not returned my calls... first time i called him, he picked up, seems like a very cool person and business... i just dont know what all i need to order for what i have and if he is shipping orders again yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor