G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Damn... nice.

-Gonz

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The price is a bit stiff, but it looks like a clean enough car. They didn't tell you the alternator was replaced at some point, though. Alternator fan isn't the right style. Due to the silver ring on the horn button, the car was built sometime in January or February of 84. That's when they changed the steery wheel horn button to the "large" style. My car (#19) had the original alternator on it when I bought it and it was the typical G-body alternator plastic enclosed fan. Not that it matters much, just another thing that's not original to the car. I would imagine that due to sitting in the barn, the original lacquer paint on the hood turned to shiite. Hence the need to repaint it. Headliner is in the shape I would expect it to be.

Pretty decent shape otherwise. I'd have cleaned it up better to slap a $21K price tag on it, but it's not my car, what do I know.

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
The price is a bit stiff, but it looks like a clean enough car. They didn't tell you the alternator was replaced at some point, though. Alternator fan isn't the right style. Due to the silver ring on the horn button, the car was built sometime in January or February of 84. That's when they changed the steery wheel horn button to the "large" style. My car (#19) had the original alternator on it when I bought it and it was the typical G-body alternator plastic enclosed fan. Not that it matters much, just another thing that's not original to the car. I would imagine that due to sitting in the barn, the original lacquer paint on the hood turned to shiite. Hence the need to repaint it. Headliner is in the shape I would expect it to be.

Pretty decent shape otherwise. I'd have cleaned it up better to slap a $21K price tag on it, but it's not my car, what do I know.
Good eye! Question...I have an 83 H/O...how can i tell what # it is??

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
A barn find from Toronto Ontario ?
It's possible. A strange thing I see on it is a "Made in Canada" maple leaf round blue sticker on the driver door. It wasn't made in Canada as all factory H/Os were made in Lansing, but it's possible they just put them on the cars if they were Canada-bound. They would have to have had a Z49 Canadian RPO code on the trunk decal. This changed the gages out at the factory to read in metric. I am not familiar if buying the car in the US used and taking it to Canada was an easy possibility back then. Nothing says it was sold in Canada new, but it's possible. If it doesn't have the Z49, then it wasn't sold new in Canada. If it is a Canadian car, then it's possible the gages got swapped to US standard gages? I mean, why isn't the mileage in KM??? Or is this just a conversion? Who knows? I can't read the gages in the pics.

As far as finding out which number of H/O you have, you can go a numerous ways. You can get an idea if you go to the H/O registry to get an idea where yours may land in a general view:

or contact Judy Badgley at [email protected] (original H/OCA director) and give her your VIN and she should be able to tell you exactly which number your car is. And MAYBE the original owner, too.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor