1984 Riviera 403 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
All of the 307 parts should bolt right onto the 403, the exhaust manifolds won't be ideal though. I wonder if older Toronado manifolds would work?

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Yeah I've worked on quite a few Olds before, just not this particult setup. This is just a quick motor swap so I'm not going out of my way to make it anything extraordinary.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I finally yanked that 307. It's kind of an odd setup but pretty easy to work on. The motor mounts are attached to a cradle that wraps around the front of oil pan, and the cradle attaches to the engine where mount would normally bolt on. I also inclued a pic of a fwd Olds pan vs rwd.
20150604_191134.jpg
20150604_191108.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Nice, get it running now already!

• Agree

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I wanted to have it back in the car this weekend but the pump screen wasn't reusable, nor was the fwd flexplate so I had to order more parts. One good thing about this Riviera is that most of the parts were closeouts and dirt cheap!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Rockauto closeouts! Love it.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Awesome project!

I was looking at the picture in your post above of the two oil pans. I instantly recognized th SBO pan on the right but have never seen the olds pan that is on the left side of the pic. Was that pan specific to the Olds powered Riviera only?

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
The Riviera Olds pan also looks like it has less volume too! Really nice car by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor