1985 Buick Regal Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
Here's a little update, I should be done by now but it is moving along slowly.I got most of the engine back together just needs couple more hours and parts.Just found out that my headers are touching my fuel return another thing to get in the way.Had a vacation at Nags Head,NC here are some pics.

008.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Monster Trucks
001.jpg

:D
002.jpg

006.jpg

Off Road Tour
021.jpg

028.jpg

037.jpg

Wright Brothers Museum
060.jpg

Gbody

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2011
California
what brackets did you use for the seats??

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
Gbody said:

The originals they bolt up in the exact same spots.I took them apart, painted them, and greased the sides so it would slide easier.The seats also lay ALLL the way back. :wink:

Gbody

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2011
California
83Hyrbyd said:
Gbody said:

The originals they bolt up in the exact same spots.I took them apart, painted them, and greased the sides so it would slide easier.The seats also lay ALLL the way back. :wink:

thanks for the info.. i have a bench seat as of now, so any gbody bucket seat brackets will work rite??

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
Well it sure has been awhile. I finally got a chance and some nice weather to get this build rolling again. Some updates just making little touches, checking to make sure everything works and replacing old parts. When I installed the original motor mounts it set the engine back to its original position instead of how it was in the black regal main thing was the transmission lines.
Transmission lines and other goodies
rqvei9.jpg

Fuel Pump
2mpms29.jpg

Turn signal cam, old one was broken
307nuir.jpg

Little remodeling and tidying up
xfrdqg.jpg

Never noticed that the limited dash panel lights up
r9hpu0.jpg

nf36v9.jpg

Test fitting center console
34t5qie.jpg

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Where did you find info on fixing/rebuilding the turn signal cam......mine is wonky it works but it cancel after making the turn with steering wheel.....and yes I do like your build its time to get mine ready for the 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour.....

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
I didn't fix it, I just replaced it with one out of a camaro that was sitting in the junk yard. The steering wheel was already removed and the signal cam was sitting on the dash, couldn't have been any easier. I didn't know but you can buy one at autozone for like $10, part number is 83233. Along with most of those parts in the steering column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor