1985 el camino frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitopons

n00b
Jan 31, 2009
Does anyone know any companies or junkyard (like for el caminos) that might be able to supply bare frames for el camino, an also what years of el camino will fit an 85.

Also any companies outthere that can replace the frame because it looks like a big *ss job...

thanx homies

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
'78-'87 El Camino frames are all the same. The only exception is that in '83 they added an extention to the transmission crossmember mount to accomodate the 200-4R trans. If this is the trans you have and you get an earlier frame, they sell an adapter so you can make it work.

XbeasleyX

Apprentice
Jan 24, 2009
Western New York
Slight correction - after 83 had the extension. So 84 on had it.

titanica217

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2008
Springfield, IL
i'd appreciate it if you let me know if you find someone scrapping good frames. mines ok, but that'd be cool if it was reasonable.

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
you should check out ElCaminocentral.com
They will be able to tell you were to get one. I think what you could do if anything is buy a vary cheap El Camino around you and take off the body. It will save you for other parts for the frame you will need later

bustedknuckles

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2008
Florrisant, Missouri
DUDE!!!! I just scrapped a perfectly good frame today!!!! and NOW i see this topic. sorry for your luck. although i do have modified frame for an el camino but it is basically backhalved though. if your interested im about 10 minutes from illinois border. st louis mo side

let me know what you think

nick

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Should have an 85 frame in about a week or so....where you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor