1985 ELCO molded fuel pump hose to pump

X

x75

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2018
I've got a leaky rubber fuel hose that connects to the fuel pump from the frame metal line. It appears to be a long molded "U" shape, not just a regular 3/8 hose bent double. I cannot find a source for this hose, O'Reilly drew a blank, nothing on RockAuto, GOOGLE shows nothing.

Is this input hose just a regular rubber hose bent 180 degrees? Or maybe I'm looking at a generic replacement pump that the intake pipe is the wrong orientation? The inlet points to the front as does the metal tank line on the frame. The U shape connects the two.

Ideas? Thanks!

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
it's just a section of regular 3/8" fuel hose.

M

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
Thats all it is is 3/8 rubber line.

melloelky

melloelky

Royal Smart Person
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I've had good luck @ parts stores,i tell them i'm looking for a certain shaped hose (not by application)and they've let me look in the back at the hose selection.

X

x75

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2018
Thanks to everyone weighing in. I like the suggestion for cutting/splicing something already molded. I'm new to G-bodies and figured the inlet hose was a specialized part since regular woven fuel hose kinks shut when bent that tight, also much of the truck is metric so I figured I needed a 9 mm hose or something like that.

I will pull off the old rotten hose and dig around for whatever is available that looks similar.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor

copyright ©2018 Ripp Technical Services, All Rights Reserved.