1985 grand national

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emmanuel cuellar, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Emmanuel cuellar

Emmanuel cuellar G-Body Guru

yeah you not lieing about no 1 doing hot airs seems they when out back when the dinosaurs did lol

2. UNGN

UNGN Royal Smart Person

You're current problem doesn't appear to be a "Hot Air Problem". If you have a Rod knock it is nearly identical to a Rod knock in a V6 in a 82 2bbl Regal, Sure, nobody rebuilds those anymore, but it doesn't mean they have forgotten how. You need to find an old guy who rebuilds buick motors, not a transmission shop that specializes in tuning '86/'87 Turbo Buicks,

Unbolting and bolting in a motor isn't hard. Throwing the motor in an old tire in the bed of a pickup and taking it somewhere is a lot easier/cheaper that towing a whole car around on a flatbed.

You could even haul a Buick V6 around on one of those $40 Hitch mounted racks from Harbor freight if you have an SUV and don't have a pickup.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. 87National

87National Greasemonkey

Reading through your posts......I think you can save yourself a ton of aggravation (and $) by learning to work on your own vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Emmanuel cuellar

Emmanuel cuellar G-Body Guru

good info thanks
    i wish i knew i have a tight schedule with work 3 kids (ages 2 4 and 11) and a wife. plus now a days no ones likes to show you nothing its like the games to be sold not told :) and your totally right i should learn to do my own work maybe one day

5. 87National

87National Greasemonkey

I also have 3 kids around the same age. It is not uncommon for me to be wrenching out in the garage from 10-midnight....or early on a Sat or Sun morning. You'd be surprised how much an hour here and there can add up.

We live in a golden age of information....even an obscure car like an 84-85 hot air has a ton of info documented on sites like turbobuick. Imagine trying to address some of these same problems before the internet existed.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1