1985 Monte Carlo SS from the ground up.....

69bigblock

Apprentice
Sep 27, 2015
Bought 85 Monte SS, first Gbody.. So while back went to this guys house to have my 12bolt rear worked on for my nova. Saw this Monte sitting outside on the side of his garage. Ask if he was going to sell it. Week later he called and said come get it if you want it.. So this is going to be the wife's car.. Hopefully it gets finished... Here's some pics and some progress to go along..

Attachments

69bigblock

Apprentice
Sep 27, 2015
Surprisingly there is no rot on the body panels and the interior was in good shape except for headliner/rug..
Engine is a 350cid/200r. Engine had a knock but I was already planning on swapping drivetrain out.. When I got the car, brought it home and washed it.

Attachments

jakes87SS

jakes87SS

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
what a difference a wash can make, that thing looked clapped out in the first pics but looks good after the wash

Longroof79

Longroof79

Geezer
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good score! A little soap and water and the car looks a hell of a lot better. It certainly gives you more perspective of what you're dealing with. It's nice finding them in original condition like that.
You done well, man.

69bigblock

Apprentice
Sep 27, 2015
Yes it does, that's one thing that out of my league is major bodywork.. I did find the driver side floor needs to be replaced so I bought one which is something that I can do... These early pics were from the fall of last year. So decided to start a build thread.

Attachments

69bigblock

Apprentice
Sep 27, 2015
I always wanted to a frame off on a car. So I made wooden Dolly so I need to separate body from the frame.. Also couple of friends mention these frame prone to rot at the body mounts.. Which I found a total of 5..

Attachments

street sweeper

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
Is this progress all since wednesday?

69bigblock

Apprentice
Sep 27, 2015
No, I started this project last fall. So I'm posting these pics day by day to show how the build was going.. Also to show how I got to the point that I am at now..

street sweeper

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
No, I started this project last fall. So I'm posting these pics day by day to show how the build was going.. Also to show how I got to the point that I am at now..
Thought so, but just wanted to clarify. Keep the up dates coming! (y)