1986 Cutlass Tail Light Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel86Cutlass

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hello everyone,
I am in search of a tail light wiring harness for a 1986 cutlass. I am doing some work on my 86 442 and the previous owner did some splicing and I can't seem to work out the bugs to make everything work right. So if anyone has one or knows someone who may have one in good condition please let me know. Thanks.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I'll have a look in my box o many wires for you.....

Update, just had a look. I have the front to back run AND the cross trunk run.....

PM me, I can shoot you some pics and you can make an offer if you like.....

Last edited:

Joel86Cutlass

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2009
Pennsylvania

Update, just had a look. I have the front to back run AND the cross trunk run.....

Thanks for the look, but I think I have it figured out now. Found some bare wires in the harness and once I fixed them everything seems to be working fine. Once again thanks for looking and if this fix doesn't last I will be sure to message you.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks for the look, but I think I have it figured out now. Found some bare wires in the harness and once I fixed them everything seems to be working fine. Once again thanks for looking and if this fix doesn't last I will be sure to message you.

If I were you I'd buy the harness from mr evil and replace the one in your car that has been chopped up. There may not be a harness available when the moisture starts causing problems again. Even if you don't replace it now it's a good thing to have one for a back up.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada

No problem, glad you got it sorted, hopefully no more issues, but if there is at least now you'll know where the problem likely is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor