1987 Cavalier- wow!

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Sep 17, 2017
This popped up on Facebook ad. Really low miles, so it should be really clean, but really? $36,000? To whom are they hoping to sell this?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Don't even get me started on all the over priced stuff that people are putting out there because of "iNfLaTiOn"..

It's people selling stuff at exorbitant prices because of greed and not financially smart with their spending habits compared to their bills.

Some of the stuff I've seen posted at the prices they put is amazing.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
This popped up on Facebook ad. Really low miles, so it should be really clean, but really? $36,000? To whom are they hoping to sell this?
Cool little car. Ridiculous price.

My step-mom had a blue 86 with silver ground effects and the steel "rally" wheels. I drove it quite a bit while replacing the engine in my 84 S10 Blazer sometime in the early 90's. Her's was an automatic. It was a fun little car. I can imagine the manual would be that much funner, but it’s still a Cavalier.

I don't care for the red on that car. Mom had a Navy Blue 91 Sunbird new. It had the beige cloth interior and the 3.1. It ran good and gave us great service. It was still a J-car though. GM made some good stuff in the early to mid 90's.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
This guy would buy it.

7ky7sn.jpg

They want just ONE fish to bite and set the hook. It's all they need.

I guess if I had bought that new, I wouldn't want to drive it either.

Seriously, they can't be serious. There's no way that joker is worth 36. But they can ask what they like. Some dumbazz will buy it somewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
This guy would buy it.

7ky7sn.jpg

They want just ONE fish to bite and set the hook. It's all they need.

I guess if I had bought that new, I wouldn't want to drive it either.

Seriously, they can't be serious. There's no way that joker is worth 36. But they can ask what they like. Some dumbazz will buy it somewhere.
I mean, fwiw, look at the prices people are paying for other things of the vintage and mileage. It also comes down to, are they making something similar today and, at what cost?

A microcar fiat isn't the same class. Maybe you could say an ecoboost mustang is close . Or a v6 camaro.

Many manufacturers don't even make much for cars anymore, and are slashing options and ICE models in a bid to pander to the woke class with offerings that don't function in real America outside your inner cities. so, a 2 door, convertible, expected to be in new condition with no miles on it and NOT HYBRID OR ELECTRIC?

Gateway has always price at or above the market, on everything they list. Is it a 30+k car? Not to me, but, maybe to someone. Is it a 20k car? I'd say absolutely. Probably not if whoever is pulling the strings on the senile fool in the white house hadn't declared war on ICE vehicles and made Jimmy Carter look like an economic genius, but, you've got to look through the lens of the world we are living in and at what cars remain to buy new, or even with 5,000 miles on them, cost today.

Reactions: 5 users
Nov 4, 2012
My mom had a sporty little '84 Cavalier Convertible back in the day. She'd probably sh*t a brick if she saw the price of that one.
joe2014042.jpg

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
My general feeling on gateway stuff is that they take what the consignor wants, add 50%, and hope they hit a home run. This is based on what I’ve been seeing on muscle car era and beyond when listed at one of their locations

• Agree

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
My parents had a similiar car when it was new. It was a hatchback, white, with an automatic. Same interior thought. It would go, but it had bad torque steer on acceleration. That one looks really nice, but the asking price is not realistic at all.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor