1987 Cutlass Build

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Not saying they are good for high powered Olds engines but Olds did run a solid mount on the late 70's Trans Am with a 403 of all things. I used them in my 94 Z71 and as said were unnoticeable.
ENC-2240-2T.png

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
On a good note i got stickers in! With getting the El Camino back i needed a new one so i ordered a few, got a few extras which is awesome. Sucker for stickers
stickers.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Time will tell i guess, if they are too harsh i can always take them off, i just don't see them being much of an issue. I think there is alot of that sort of thing around solid items like body mounts and engine mounts, but as far as the body mounts go it basically makes it a unibody car and the difference is minimal. As goes with the engine mounts in my opinion that minimal difference is there also. Things like that have been around for a long time and one would think that if they were so terrible then they would have gone the way of the dodo quite a while back however they are still around which tells me that they work and are dead simple.

Reactions: 1 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Slight progress, which any at this point is good, I got the floors coated in bed liner to damper sound a bit and since it went over POR-15 it will help protect them from rust even more
20201012_175035.jpg
20201012_175041.jpg
20201012_175045.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Okay so since its been cold and wet outside ive been making a little progress on the Cutlass, small but moving along. Recently i purchased a running body replacement for my el camino and also a 82 cutlass roller in really nice shape for parts so there will be some interesting projects to come but also some parts for my cutlass as well. More on that in the future. In the meantime since the bed liner was good and dry i cleaned and laid the jute padding in place, its pretty rust stained from previous vehicles but it will do the job just fine.
interior.jpg
interior2.jpg

Onto the carpet, this particular one has followed me through 4 different cars over the years and its not in terrible shape for what it is so until it really needs replaced im going to use it for now. The wife helped clean it up nice and we laid it over the jute padding.
interior3.jpg

After that it was time to clean up and reinstall the rear seat which funny enough brought back memories that the last time this car was really on the road my son rode in it and he was in a car seat, now hes almost 13 so its long overdue that it gets back on the road. Overall i think everything cleaned up nice, up next will be the front seat which will be blue for now and im sure will drive me nuts until i can change the covers or figure out how to dye them. Can anyone comment on how the upholstery feels and looks after dying them like that?
interior4.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Finally scored a maroon bench seat. I've been searching for a nice one close to me for years and never have seemed to land a deal. Have to go back on Tuesday and pick up the rear as well as the pattern is slightly different than my rear seat. This one is fairly soft and nice, few little spots here and there but overall not bad. Got it set up in the car to have a look. Going to shampoo it today sometime
20201030_193925.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor