YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
Re: Redone Gold Rally Rims.

i do everything on my own. i dont like paying other people to work on my car nor do i trust many of them. all i pay for is tire changes and sometimes glasswork, but everything else is done by me. only been at it for about 3 years now since i was 15.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh

SilverShadow87 said:
i do everything on my own. i dont like paying other people to work on my car nor do i trust many of them. all i pay for is tire changes and sometimes glasswork, but everything else is done by me. only been at it for about 3 years now since i was 15.

Damn man im 19 and I dont know sh*t , And I really dont have the money yet to do the changes I want to her. So really to do the floor shifter swap u need a doner plus u just cut a whole in the floor? do you need a 4 speed trans or can you hook it up to the 3 speed?

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011

YGspider said:
SilverShadow87 said:

Damn man im 19 and I dont know sh*t , And I really dont have the money yet to do the changes I want to her. So really to do the floor shifter swap u need a doner plus u just cut a whole in the floor? do you need a 4 speed trans or can you hook it up to the 3 speed?
no holes are really cut, just one about 2 inches in diameter is cut for the cable, the rest is just welding the brackets in place. ive gotten lucky on these last two cars, they already had the bucket seat brackets in them so it was a direct swap. but there are 3 console/shifter brackets that need welded in. you can hook a 3 speed shifter to a 3 speed trans, i actually have a 3spd shifter and a 4spd trans now and arent sure if itll work or not.. so at the moment i still use the column shifter until i figure it out, and can swap columns then.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh

Well here we go agian im going to redo my rims once agian becuase Im not happy with how light the gold turned out I found out the proper olds gold colour.

should be another fun weekend of taping .. lolz

Anyways the olds gold colour is GM-294 (Dupli-Color) Camel Metallic

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan

YGspider said:
Well here we go agian im going to redo my rims once agian becuase Im not happy with how light the gold turned out I found out the proper olds gold colour.

should be another fun weekend of taping .. lolz

Anyways the olds gold colour is GM-294 (Dupli-Color) Camel Metallic

The correct gold color is GM Camel Metallic WA 7725.

I like what you've done with your car. The right color will make a difference.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

Don't paint your car, if the paint looks as good as the pictures. I would kill for a car with nice paint and no rust in a really nice colour. My car was white but looked like sh*t. We bought a 2010 Challenger in stone white, awesome colour. My car needed rust repair anyhow, is now in primer. I couldn't stand my car being the awful looking white car.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh

olds307 and 403 said:
Don't paint your car, if the paint looks as good as the pictures. I would kill for a car with nice paint and no rust in a really nice colour. My car was white but looked like sh*t. We bought a 2010 Challenger in stone white, awesome colour. My car needed rust repair anyhow, is now in primer. I couldn't stand my car being the awful looking white car.

Im just repainting my Rims good sir.

LoL

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh

First of all I fixed the Gold colour on my Cutlass Rallys and It makes the car look 100x better.

My possible 442 clone Candidate.
Resized3.jpg

Resized2.jpg

Resized1.jpg

But I need to know some things first of all what steps do I need to take when I want to paint a car my self. Do you need a garage? can you do it outside? what tools and equiptment do I need to start the job. All I really want to do is the Grey bottom of the 442 scheme and then buy the 442 pinstirpe package.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
Re: Might do a 442 Clone need help with paint

ive done it in my garage, but put plastic up and wet the floor beforehand... and with that trim on the bottom youll have to twist out, not grind, the little studs holding the trim clips on then smooth all of that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor