1987 Cutlass Supreme :Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
Re: Got the New rally Rims on My cutty

Dont get me wrong I would love a olds 350 rocket but talking with my mechanic who has been active for a long long time and has raced he tells me the aftermarket for a olds engine isnt to broad. But the 350 chevy has a masive aftermarket. Ive always loved the torque of a Olds engine but up here in Ontario Canada its a rare find to get a olds engine I would bet.

also another thing im heavily considering is the buick 3.8 intercooled turbo setup. mainly due to the fact the GN has always been my favorite car. If I wouldnt of found my olds in such good shape id be driving a beat up GN for sure lol. I would imagine a 3.8 turbo in a cutlass would make one hell of a sleeper in the street wars. :lol:

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH

I rebuilt my GN motor last summer. A refresh isn't particularly expensive or difficult. But you do have to determine what is appropriate for your end goals for the car/motor. If you plan to never run quicker than a high 11 your ok with mostly stock stuff taking advantage of some minor upgrades. If you want to run quicker than you get into a full rebuild that has you making decisions like spending an extra grand to convert to a roller motor and or better pistons etc which like everything else runs more than the worlds most common motor the gen 1 sbc.

Then again you can't stand out in a crowd or have anything that hasn't been so played with a sbc. Not that it doesn't have its pros it does. You can get good parts & advice for them anywhere anytime from almost anyone. Naturally another benefit to the fuel injected computer controlled GN buick V6 is that when you don't have your foot in the turbo so to speak its not hard on fuel like an older larger carberated v8.

Here is some good links. http://www.turbobuick.com
http://www.turbobuicks.com

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh

dogshit said:
I rebuilt my GN motor last summer. A refresh isn't particularly expensive or difficult. But you do have to determine what is appropriate for your end goals for the car/motor. If you plan to never run quicker than a high 11 your ok with mostly stock stuff taking advantage of some minor upgrades. If you want to run quicker than you get into a full rebuild that has you making decisions like spending an extra grand to convert to a roller motor and or better pistons etc which like everything else runs more than the worlds most common motor the gen 1 sbc.

Then again you can't stand out in a crowd or have anything that hasn't been so played with a sbc. Not that it doesn't have its pros it does. You can get good parts & advice for them anywhere anytime from almost anyone. Naturally another benefit to the fuel injected computer controlled GN buick V6 is that when you don't have your foot in the turbo so to speak its not hard on fuel like an older larger carberated v8.

Here is some good links. http://www.turbobuick.com
http://www.turbobuicks.com

Im looking for the range of what a GN can do stock I dont want no racing car. or hot rod mabey all i would do is up the boost.

1984 Cutlass

Apprentice
Mar 12, 2012
Bloomington Minnesota

Needs a nice pinstripe going down the side:)

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH

You lost me. Range of what? Thats the beauty of the GNs no race car required (ie big cam, high stall, low gears etc) to go a lot faster than stock. Intelligently upping the boost still requires a scan tool, ideally a chip, an aftermarket boost guage, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, some way of upping the boost, sufficient fuel volume and pressure which requires a better pump and proper wireing to support the electrical load. The fuel pump & wiring upgrade is available reasonably and plug & play. Oh yea you only gain about 3 pounds of boost or 30ish HP if you are sticking with pump premium unless you additionally add race fuel or Xylene or a water/alky/methanol injection system.

A gold pinstripe would look good but isn't needed either. I prefer the look without the tack on stainless body trim along the bottom but that requires some work.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh

dogshit said:
You lost me. Range of what? Thats the beauty of the GNs no race car required (ie big cam, high stall, low gears etc) to go a lot faster than stock. Intelligently upping the boost still requires a scan tool, ideally a chip, an aftermarket boost guage, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, some way of upping the boost, sufficient fuel volume and pressure which requires a better pump and proper wireing to support the electrical load. The fuel pump & wiring upgrade is available reasonably and plug & play. Oh yea you only gain about 3 pounds of boost or 30ish HP if you are sticking with pump premium unless you additionally add race fuel or Xylene or a water/alky/methanol injection system.

A gold pinstripe would look good but isn't needed either. I prefer the look without the tack on stainless body trim along the bottom but that requires some work.

Im thinking just full out a stock rebuilt buick Grand national motor. and down the road just mess around with it. I want a reliable engine that I can use everyday and get good milage but run at least a 14-13 -1/4 pass on premium fuel. what Pirce range would that be?

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
Body work and Paint Today

Ok so today im fixing all the paint Chips and littel dents in my car. Cant wait to see her shining and perfect.

My next question is what coulor are the Gold 442 Rims ?? what is the colour code because while im doing this i want to do my rims.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
Painted the Rims Gold.

I just Finished painting my rallyes Gold and The turn out was decent still wondering if it was the right choice ... Dose it look good or not I need honest thoughts.

The main thing here isnt that if the paint sucks it just takes so much time to change the colour. I think they look decent but I kinda think black was decent too. mabey it just needs a gold pinstripe.

Goldrallyes.jpg

Attachments

• Rims.jpg
    Rims.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 1,226

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Re: Redone Gold Rally Rims.

Hell yeah they look good! They look awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor