Not open for further replies.

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
1.jpg

So I tore the axle from undernath the thing
2.jpg

Everything is smashed to bits, been doing too many 1 wheel peels apparently...
3.jpg

This one doesn't like 1 wheel peels :)
4.jpg

And this one doesn't either..
5.jpg

This eliminates 1 wheel peels :)
6.jpg

This eliminates wheel hooping
7.jpg

These have definately served their time
8.jpg

Poly bushings
9.jpg

Axle back underneath with new trailing arms and plastic bushes
10.jpg
11.jpg

New B&M torque converter with a 2400 stall, the car is now much more willingly taking off than before...
12.jpg

And now smokes both tires and not only one, as this photo proves :)

Hope you had a productive weekend as well!

Greetings from Iceland!

Reactions: 16 users

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
116642736_10160223336647907_7331997554997714705_o.jpg

Cruising at 90kph ~55mph with 2300 RPM, very reasonable in my opinion, responsive (for a stock 350) and shifting is now much more solid feeling. The locker works fantastic both on tarmac and dirt but the locking is not noticable at all going through roundabouts, tight parking spots etc.

Only when the pedal is on the floor and the intent is to do a burnout do both wheels spin aggressively!

I am now trying to get 200 miles of easy driving to ensure the longetivity of the new differential, everything is going smooth, it is very difficult to keep it easy on the pedal though.....

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wow! The car has come a long way. I haven't followed your thread in awhile. Looking good, man. (y):cool:

Reactions: 2 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I just wanted to thank you. Your build thread has helped me more times then I can count. You definitely brung it back from the brink.

Reactions: 1 users

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
Wow! The car has come a long way. I haven't followed your thread in awhile. Looking good, man. (y):cool:
I just wanted to thank you. Your build thread has helped me more times then I can count. You definitely brung it back from the brink.

Thank you all, as well, very kindly!

I have sought much information from the helpful bunch of members from this forum!

Before getting this car, I couldn't even tell a monte carlo from a malibu etc.. but now consider myself pretty knowledgable about them, this is much thanks to your support. I'm thinking this project would not have been possible without the large fanbase of these G bodies. I was not looking for this car when I got it... as you may recall, or take a look at page number 1!

But I've become pretty attached to it now, however I don't think I have ever had as many work hours per mile, but thankfully the miles are coming in quick now, and the smiles too!

Thanks again for all your support, I will continue as long as I can before handing the torch to another enthusiast.

Reactions: 5 users

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
Good on ya man, it takes a lot of dedication to play with American cars in a far off land.....let alone a little island in the middle of the ocean....

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor