BUILD THREAD 1987 Monte Carlo from Iceland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Welcome from Idaho! Amazing work on that car and the trucks you've built. You've developed an impressive skillset.

Looking forward to seeing the progress of this project.

Reactions: 1 users

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
My current order, well a part of it

1.jpg

both floor pan sections

2.jpg

Outer rocker panels

3.jpg

inner rocker panels

4.jpg

A few of these nuts
5.png

Both sides of these

6.PNG

This under floor brace and body mount

I've had trouble with some of my parts, from Autobodyspecialt.com but I hope they respond tomorrow, else I am forced to bring paypal in on the matter it's been almost two weeks since my order and no tracking number or shipment status has been declared, my emails ignored.

It's a shame because they have some of the parts I only find with them and nowhere else, like the under floor brace, it is a goodmark piece though I think but nobody seems to stock it

Conrad from Canada sent me the frame repair sections

Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Thanks. I already got used sections off another member a little bit ago but it's good to see if there is a source for any future projects.

• Agree

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
they're in stock at autobodyspecialt.com but I'm yet to see a response from them regarding my order which seems to have fallen into the abyss, hehe

In addition to all of this awesomeness you have going on I have one other thing to point out. Your mastery of the English language is remarkable. Impressive.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
Thanks. I already got used sections off another member a little bit ago but it's good to see if there is a source for any future projects.

Good to be of help, blind luck by me actually, it was a google search of G body body repair, that brought me to several online shops who stocked many different repair sections.

In addition to all of this awesomeness you have going on I have one other thing to point out. Your mastery of the English language is remarkable. Impressive.

Thanks for your input, it must be said that Icelanders born in 1975 or later are almost all fluent in English. Although Icelandic comes first, then some nordic languages, most are fluent in some of them, a choice of Danish, Norwegian or Swedish, and third comes English. Younger people today are even fluent in Spanish, French and German as well, I'm not that good, but I can help myself around when traveling to these places using a mixture of languages, hehe.

I've been many places and spoken many languages, but I haven't been to the U.S.A. However I intend to visit soon, my friends have been hosting an event in the south, they brought about 20-25 formula offroad cars to the Bikini Bottoms offroad and zipline park in Dyersburg Tennessee. Watch this video to see my friends show the locals(to you) how it's done!

and this, a definate breathpuncher, however the following night they fixed the car and his son competed the next day!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
Oh the perks of living abroad, MyUS.com shipping service now wants around 2000 dollars to ship my new floor pan across the pond because it's OVER SIZE :)

Enthusiasm is high so probably I'll have to pry open my wallet for this one, sheesh!

In other news, about 350 lbs of parts are arriving through MyUS next week, at a shipping cost of only 150 bucks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor