BUILD THREAD 1987 Monte Carlo from Iceland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
The first shipment has arrived,

Trunk floor and body mount braces, rear frame repair sections from Conrad Lozier, outer rocker panels, body mount bushes, caster wheels for my rotisserie etc, and patrior headers from summit racing, i expected to receive a g body th350 crossmember for a dual exhaust system but that must be coming seperately...

moving on

montecarlo1.jpg
montecarlo2.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yep, I'm reviewing my options right now, I can certainly use this kind of money for better things, but if it's the only option then so be it, it has to be done :eek:
Dumb idea, and, maybe undesired... but for $2000, is it worth dealing with the hassle of trying to find someone stateside that could cut the floor in half where the brace goes underneath, then you stitch it back together on your end before install to prevent "oversize" limits?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I was going to say the same thing as ck80 but I was also going to suggest getting measurements from one of us with pictures and make the crossmember yourself you definitely have the skills to pull it off

Reactions: 1 user

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
I was going to say the same thing as ck80 but I was also going to suggest getting measurements from one of us with pictures and make the crossmember yourself you definitely have the skills to pull it off
you're probably right, however anybody working on projects like these knows nothing beats the feeling of putting on precision fit die stamp parts, and if they only cost around 130 bucks it saves you spending 100 hours making the part yourself!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
I never said they fit, but they look beautiful, and after you spend some time making them fit precisely you will be much happier with the results.

I say for myself, having the tools I have, the experience I have, it's possible to reproduce these parts, but in doing so, this project would be finished at first in 2025, if at all, lack of motivation comes largely from the overwhelming feeling of the big job ahead, taking short cuts so to say, by using readymade panels is the way to go in my mind...

I haven't used g body panel parts before, so maybe i'm speaking out my rear, however it has been my experience with other projects that stamped panels only require minimal amount of work to fit properly.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor