1987 Olds 5.3L LS turbo swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Soooo turbo headers but no turbo? Lol

Of course we're reading this. Keep em coming.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Thanks guys haha it means a lot knowing I have some people following my progress lol. But anyway yes turbo headers and no turbo yet. But I'll be running them for a while I figured it would save money no sense in buy 2 sets of headers. But now that the biggest part is done with the custom mounts more will follow shortly. Gonna try and test fire it with the old harness in a weekend from now. Thanks again guys

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Alright guys, its been a slow past few weeks at the sawmill as far as logs coming in for them to cut and me to haul so my hours are down as well as my paycheck. SO that means little to no extra money for parts but I did manage to find out what power steering pump pulley I need to use my truck accesories so they clear my steering box. Its the Dorman 300-301 on summit it was like $17 bucks and $22 after shipping to my house in VA. The truck accesories with alternator and ps pump will clear the turbo headers i just need them to clear the steering box and its in the money. After it dries up some around here work will pick up more so ill have more money and more money is good for this build lol. I have managed to get the old fuel lines out and word to the wise there is a fuel line bracket bolted to the coil spring structure in the rear up top that is an absolute pain to get off with the body on the frame. I managed to cut and air chisel it out after a total of 4 or 5 hours and 4 people working on bolt. But ill keep updating as things get done. Thanks guys!

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
In the past 20 years, I've done the military, then a regular job, then college, then back to work, then - a herd of kids. I hear ya - money and time are diametric opposites. And usually mutually exclusive. Keep us informed on your progress!

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Alright guys not alot to report here. Works been picking back up so my hours have been too, as well as my paychecks lol. But I got the dirty dingo 5" power steering pulley, planning on installing that tomorrow. Also now have a remaned water pump i picked up today and bolts for that enroute as we speak. I really need to get my fuel system ordered but the funds are low at the moment lol. All in good time tho. Thanks guys!

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Well got my fuel cell in today. It's 24Lx20Wx10H. The outlets are on the long end of the cell so I need to cut the support peice below the trunk latch. Is that okay to do as long as I reshape it after the cell fits properly? I'm thinking it should not be a big deal as far as strength to the latch and what not. But should order the fuel pump, regulator, braided line and fittings probably next week. Thanks in advance for any opinions you guys leave regarding the questions I left.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Okay no one replied so I cut it anyway lol. The peice i made to fill in will work. And when I do post pictures please do not laugh, its my first time doing any kind of sheet metal work with a break but im learning slowly. Welding is my true skill but my welder is junk but im making due with it. Will post some pics up in a few days once i finish the sheet metal work. Wish me luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor