1987 Olds 5.3L LS turbo swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Well after many hours of overtime at work I finally had time to save some money for my fuel pump kit which will be here tomorrow. I got PSIconversion.com's high hp external pump kit with braided line and all the fittings. I finished my trunk for the most part except for mounting the cell which i'll do this weekend. Also installed my small power steering pulley from (the companies name ive forgotten lol) looks good tho fits and has plenty of clearance. But ill put some pics up this weekend of the pump kit and the cell for everyone to see. Oh and if all goes well in the next 3 weeks ill be firing it up for the first time!!!!! But need to get the harness, pcm flashed vats and emissions removed, sensors and a small yet long list of odds and ends so keep yalls fingers crossed! Thanks guys!!

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Well I got the fuel cell in and ordered a few more fittings I need to get everything going in have a couple pictures of the cell.
20150620_160338.jpg
20150620_160318.jpg
20150620_160338.jpg
20150620_160318.jpg

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Thanks! Will be starting the fuel pump install this weekend and maybe some sheet metal work for a gauge panel. Got the extra fittings I needed coming in tomorrow so til next time guys!

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
First off, sorry for the blurry picture i didnt steady my phone at all lol. I managed to get this far by myself today, didnt get a single thing done yesterday and had to sand blast an old harley for a guy today before i could do this. But so far so good. The line coming from the Y block going to the pump is going to have to be shortened a bit so it isn't pushing it up so far. This is my first time assembling AN style fittings but as a first experience i think its going well. The only trouble i have is the cutting to ensure the steel braid doesnt flare out after you pull the tape off. Anyone have any tips for measuring length and route of the hose?

gbodyfuelsystem.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Alright guys, got some more go fast goodies coming in Holleys fuel rail kit i heard works if not oh well, but I'm pretty sure it'll do. and some spark plug wires, couple tools and what not. But today started my 1 week vacation so i plan on getting the fuel system done!. Really need to tighten up on getting pictures loaded on here for you guys but my brother will be doing that for me some this week. Btw summit racing does second day air for $15....killer deal if you ask me. Thanks guys! Also if anyone has any suggestions about anything to help me it will be greatly appreciated.

Crzyrdnk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 25, 2015
Red Deer, Alberta Canada
Hey man, Love reading your thread, Im Currently Building a 83 Regal 5.3 LM7 LS Turbo with the same general idea as you...
cant wait to see what you do when it comes to the turbo. you've given me a few good pointers already!
Did you ever figure out what you were gonna do for a trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor