Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Re: 1987 Olds Pro-touring project build *LONG*

Great Build!! I've been quietly following along. Do you mind taking a pic with the tail lights in place with the newly cut Monte spoiler? I would like to see how it looks with the lights in.

Hutch

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ

It's good to see you're still at it :D Your build is actually tasteful compared to some other builds that appear very poorly thought through.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

Can you post any info for the under dash system, is it a vintage air system? Do you have the part number for the unit? I am looking to do the same thing under my wagons dash. Any info you could provide would be great even if its just the unit dimensions. Thanks...

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland

:bump:

After seeing your rendering I went to Shawn Mascoll and had one done for my ride. What a great guy to work with. Super talented and a genuine G-Body fan.

What's going on in your world? Last time I heard it was waiting for paint. Any news?

Hutch

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

87 GN said:
Can you post any info for the under dash system, is it a vintage air system? Do you have the part number for the unit? I am looking to do the same thing under my wagons dash. Any info you could provide would be great even if its just the unit dimensions. Thanks...

The unit I have is from Hot Rod Air but they've since gone out of business. I had sent them an NOS HVAC control to modify to operate their aftermarket system and it took over 14 months to get it back. :(

If I remember correctly the width of the unit was around 20". It was one of the smallest units that they carried and it just barely fit.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

oldsofb said:
:bump:

After seeing your rendering I went to Shawn Mascoll and had one done for my ride. What a great guy to work with. Super talented and a genuine G-Body fan.

What's going on in your world? Last time I heard it was waiting for paint. Any news?

Hutch

Very cool. Shawn does do nice work.

Car has just been waiting on warmer weather. We need to install the new door hinges and get it ready for painting the jambs. But another quick project came by so we moved my car over a bay so that he can knock this one out really quick.

I had been laid off for just two weeks which was enough to throw my finances off enough to not really want to spend any more money on the car.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010

FE3X CLONE said:
If I remember correctly the width of the unit was around 20". It was one of the smallest units that they carried and it just barely fit.

I've been kicking around the idea of aftermarket climate control too. I came across this one by vintage air and the dimensions are 19" x 9" x 7.3". Is this somewhat similar to what you're using? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-6 ... plications

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor