1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Thanks. Already one step ahead of you on the base molding. Just doesn't look right and I was tired of kicking it with my foot when working around the engine.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Forgot to post the start of the trunk finishing project.

Rebuilt my sub box using 3/4" MDF. I used 1/2" plywood years ago because I had it laying around and wanted to just test the system real quick. Was happy with the sound so now it's time to finish everything off.

Dry fitting the pieces together:

Couldn't find and blades to my jig saw so I threw the MDF on my cnc and had it cut the hole for the sub. It took forever but was super nice when it was done. Besides, while it was cutting I was able to start gluing up the rest of the box. :)

Finished hole:

Sub box glued and screwed together:

Test fitting the amp board:

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
The bumper covers make a world of difference :D

I sure hope there is enough adjustability in those arms, no shims on stock suspension would have camber the opposite if what it is now, given ride height (positive instead of negative). I aligned mine last month and needed a ton of shims, and actually ran out of bolt while adjusting caster on one side.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
You've done a great job Andrew. It looks like Olds did it and sounds like track car. Can't wait to see the interior. So far you've got Angelo's car beat!
T

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
The exhaust is kind of homemade from the headers back.

2" Kooks headers into 3.5" collectors
3" exhaust into a Summit Racing X-pipe then into a pair of Spintech pro street mufflers that I have dumped before the axle.

I plan to redo the system once I have the car finished and road worthy. I put this system together with my MIG and while it functions okay, I'd like to do another one now that I have a TIG welder.

Also thinking about changing the mufflers to a pair of Borla ProXS and installing a pair of boom tubes that exit in front of the tires on each side.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Took a quick little trip up to the gas station to fill the tank up and finally got a little video of it running through the gears.

It was only 55*F or so and the engine really tends to pop a lot but once you powered through it everything seemed fine.

http://vid105.photobucket.com/albums/m2 ... 0ffgje.mp4

Tried putting it up into 6th gear at around 55mph but the engine didn't like it too much.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Blake442 said:
Looks awesome!! :banana: :drool:

But take the lawn edging off the bottom lol!

Picture of it removed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor