2 door wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Wondering what he did for 1/4 windows. I built all my framing for flat glass. Didnt want to have the hardware involved with Lexan and curved customs glasses WAS way to cost risky

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
All your four-two door questions and more will be answered once mr Ribbedroof shows up,he's got the rite idea on how it's done.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
All your four-two door questions and more will be answered once mr Ribbedroof shows up,he's got the rite idea on how it's done.
Chris,
I was also thinking about Brian (Ribbedroof). He's actually in the middle of doing a 2-dr Malibu wagon project and I'm sure can answer many questions regarding the conversion.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
that thang is awesome. i just wish I could stay focused to do that .

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
I don’t know exactly how they did that one. It looks like it still has the wagon windshield though and that is why they have frames for the door windows. I don’t know what they did for door windows because the coupe and El Camino door glass has a different angle at the windshield post.

I can tell you how I did it. I cut out the center post and spliced in a coupe B-pillar and a section of the coupes inner structure. Then I filled the space with a section of the coupe quarter panel. I should have used the rear door skin from the wagon because the body line is off a bit. I’ll have to fabricate a piece to correct it.

To not have to have window frames and make it Nomadesque, (I call it the Fauxmad) I put in a slanted pillar section from an El Camino and I put the front section of the coupe roof in at the cowl and across the roof. The coupe roof is lower and wider than the wagon roof so the roof needs to be split lengthwise and widened to meet the edges of the coupe roof, then pie shaped very long fillers need to be put in. Unfortunately I did not have a garage to do this and hired a shop and worked with them at times. But they Frankensteined a bunch of pieces at the B-pillar/roof intersection so I am going to have a friend of mine fab up some new pieces to splice in. Mine is also tubbed like Ribbedroof’s.

As you can see, it still needs work. I have new door skins and it will get a Monte SS style nose. It also has a suicide door on the drivers side and it will remain just the one door. It will also have the tag pocket shaved in the gate and a bow tie third brake light cut into the gate. My El Camino already has that done to it. It is also sitting up high in the rear right now so I could get it on the trailer to get it over to my mother in law’s because I bought yet another project and had no more room in my garage.

Sorry for the long post.
4FA855B7-6AE1-446F-9062-FE0D2857FF70.jpeg
69F4B1A3-31DA-4DC5-B15C-BA1EA299B6B1.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I don’t know exactly how they did that one. It looks like it still has the wagon windshield though and that is why they have frames for the door windows. I don’t know what they did for door windows because the coupe and El Camino door glass has a different angle at the windshield post.

I can tell you how I did it. I cut out the center post and spliced in a coupe B-pillar and a section of the coupes inner structure. Then I filled the space with a section of the coupe quarter panel. I should have used the rear door skin from the wagon because the body line is off a bit. I’ll have to fabricate a piece to correct it.

To not have to have window frames and make it Nomadesque, (I call it the Fauxmad) I put in a slanted pillar section from an El Camino and I put the front section of the coupe roof in at the cowl and across the roof. The coupe roof is lower and wider than the wagon roof so the roof needs to be split lengthwise and widened to meet the edges of the coupe roof, then pie shaped very long fillers need to be put in. Unfortunately I did not have a garage to do this and hired a shop and worked with them at times. But they Frankensteined a bunch of pieces at the B-pillar/roof intersection so I am going to have a friend of mine fab up some new pieces to splice in. Mine is also tubbed like Ribbedroof’s.

As you can see, it still needs work. I have new door skins and it will get a Monte SS style nose. It also has a suicide door on the drivers side and it will remain just the one door. It will also have the tag pocket shaved in the gate and a bow tie third brake light cut into the gate. My El Camino already has that done to it. It is also sitting up high in the rear right now so I could get it on the trailer to get it over to my mother in law’s because I bought yet another project and had no more room in my garage.

Sorry for the long post. View attachment 97643 View attachment 97644
You should start a build thread for your cars. I would like to see more.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016

Sorry for the long post. View attachment 97643 View attachment 97644
Yours is looking real good. Totaly different route than I took. I blended a Cutlass Cruiser roof and tail section to my El Camino.

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
You should start a build thread for your cars. I would like to see more.

I would, but progress has been painfully slow. She has sat like this for over 5 years. We are planning to move, so when I build a new shop I will hopefully be getting back on all of my cars and trucks. If I have the money with a new mortgage, that is. The work I need to do on my El Camino will be so that I can sell it, though. I will need that money for the other projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor