2004r wiki edit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
On wikipedia it says here:

Unlike the 700R4, the 200-4R has a multicase bellhousing for use with Chevrolet and Buick/Olds/Pontiac/Cadillac (BOP) powerplants. Since the external dimensions are similar to the THM-350, 200-4Rs are usually swapped in place of THM-350s in older vehicles to provide an overdrive gear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_Hydramatic

What basis does this have? That's a terrible swap, nothing will match up from any length tailshaft th350 and the mounting points are different

Anyone have an account to edit that out?

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
I'm not sure what you're complaining about...
Other than a different crossmember, the 200-4R is a direct drop-in replacement for the 350. I just did it for mine a couple months ago and the dual pattern bellhousing and not having to alter my driveshaft were big factors.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Geesie said:
I'm not sure what you're complaining about...
Other than a different crossmember, the 200-4R is a direct drop-in replacement for the 350. I just did it for mine a couple months ago and the dual pattern bellhousing and not having to alter my driveshaft were big factors.

I was complaining because I thought the driveshaft needed to be changed, but I stand corrected. Also it would lead some people to believe it's a direct bolt in

Some driveshafts can't be used on a trans. that's 5/8" longer. Mine had less than 1" of gap stock and it would have needed to be resized if I went with a 2004r

There's also the issue of having either of the other two tailshaft length 350's besides the short one.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
The g-bodies didn't comw with anything other than the short th350(as far as th 350's go), so if it has a long tail shaft th350 someone has already modified it and the normal rules don't apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor