200r4 build up

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricane

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2009
Athabasca , Alberta Canada
Hey everyone, I have been calling around getting pricing on getting my 200r4 built up to handle 500 hp, I am just wondering if anyone has had this done and what kind of problems they had if any, please let me know the pros and cons on getting this done. Thanks

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
There are tons of write-ups on the 200-4R. Also check out the Turbo Buick site. These transmissions have been built to take a good flogging. It depends on how much you are willing to put into it dollar wise.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What is your torque numbers? That is what kills these trans.

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Get ahold of Lonnie at G-Body parts. He is the man when it comes to the 200-4R (owner of Extreme Automatics). I have his stage 1 in my car and I know a few others that do as well. He will rebuild yours or sell you the parts to build your own. I am extremely happy with mine and have had no issues with it. If he builds it for you he will rebuild it for $300 as long as you own it, if that is ever needed. Check out his website for more info. Extremeautomatics.com

hurricane

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2009
Athabasca , Alberta Canada
Well I decided to get the 200 built up, they told me she would handle 700 horse, the 200 is a lot more money to build compared to the 700 but all my exhaust work is done with the cross member for the 200 so I have no choice, Thanks to everyone for their input.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
when i rebuilt my 200 i found out that the input shaft and the stator and the front pump need to be swapped out for hardened ones. some other parts too but right now i dont remember off hand. funny thing is i still have the video manual on how to rebuild it. if you shoose to go that route i went here to get my parts fopr mine: http://www.transmissioncenter.net/. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor